“warm hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
South Lake Tahoe, California
“warm hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

2 kids, 2 dogs and welcomed wit open arms. I want to tank Gary Jones for his friendly help with what began as 2 nights turned into 8 nights. place is warm and spacious. everyone enjoyed the stay. Staff was great and recommend everyone hating to leave their dogs at home to give Gary and is friendly staff a call.

Room Tip: 506 for kids and dogs. 2 room 2 bath, great view from porch and close to everyting
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at this resort in December with my partner. We booked a suite, which was very comfortable and cosy, the only thing it lacked was a dishwasher as we prefer to stay in and eat after a days skiing.

What we failed to check when booking was the fact the resort allowed pets. There was a dog locked in the room next to ours that barked continually while its owners were out Very annoying if you are trying to sleep. Locking a large dog in a strange room is not something I would do.

We stayed 2 nights, the cleaner was meant to clean the room each day but she failed to appear.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room was cozy and so nice and clean. The fireplace was a great addition. Great location to walk downtown to Heavenly village and the lake the opposite way. It's far enough from casinos to avoid that crowd but close enough to go if you like. Affordable for off season.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel several times last ski season, and then overnight in November. I brought my dog last time, and with or without the dog, my experiences here have always been really nice. It's quiet, comfortable, clean, and so close to everything! The staff is very nice as well. I will continue to book here for the upcoming ski season!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The room was exactly what my wife and u were looking for. The location is walking distance to all that you could need. Dawn was especially helpful going out of her way to make sure that we were taken care of.

• Stayed November 2014
Martinez, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

USED TO BE PET FRIENDLY PARADISE - NOW JUST A PIECE OF PET CRAP HOTEL.

I am currently staying at this hotel. I used to ALWAYS stay here. If they do not fix the bad smelling room, horribly uncomfortable couch/sofa bed, start answering their front desk phone, stop lying about rates, get toilet paper that does not scratch my butt (c'mon you are a resort) and the smelly carpet, I will NEVER stay here. The Park (service dog friendly) across the street and even the Avalon Lodge is nicer these days (pet friendly) This is the letter I wrote to Christopher and other staff here. Mind you, I wrote this letter while currently staying at this hotel that is turning to crap.

Hello,

am currently staying in room 501. It is the absolutely worst hotel room I have ever stayed in.

When I first made the reservation Dawn quoted me a TOTAL of $340, she did not explain that this is a pretax room charge. Usually when you quote somebody that is driving to your hotel for a total package stay it is stated as a total. Dawn said the total would be $340. She knew I was looking for a room around $150 a night all in because I told her! When I arrived at the hotel I found out the total would be $400....I would have stayed home (or another hotel) if the total was that high, I stated this on the telephone with her, that I was looking to spend around $300!

Dawn explained to me that I would be staying in a room with a comfy pull out bed in a newly remodeled Parlor Suite. Have you seen this room? The fireplace works like garbage and is UNPLEASANT to the eye, the couch is very uncomfortable and the floor smells. I know this because I tried sleeping on the floor as the couch was THAT uncomfortable.

My body is in pain because of your horrible couch/bed. Nobody should be asked to sleep on that thing. I am literally writing this to you from the toilet, as it is the most comfortable seat in the room!

I am expecting you to remedy this situation. . You should come see this bed you are advertising as a pull out sofa....it is like a jail bed. and the couch is uncomfortable to even sit on when it is in sofa mode.

I called (on record) last night, your front desk 20 - 30 times between 8:45 PM and 9:45 PM. NOBODY ANSWERED and at times I held for 3 - 5 minutes! What a waste of time. I am up at 5AM writing this to you because I can not sleep in this room.
I am a REGULAR customer here at 3 Peaks. I have stayed here at least 15 times!

Please fix this as ULTIMATELY GREAT FOR ME AND MY FAMILY as possible.

Thank you. Your back hurting, non sleep getting, very dissatisfied, regular customer in room 501.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Pleasant Hill, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Last weekend my girlfriend and I spent a night here after finding it on hotels dot com. The property looks nice upon our checking in. I had business in Nevada the next day and thought a night over in Tahoe would be nice. There is a nice lounge with a fireplace and pool table that appears very inviting and we would have liked to play a game of pool except there was no fire in the nice fireplace and it was about 55 degrees in there, even the guy at the check in was wearing a coat. Tahoe was wonderful, our night stay was not so nice. First off the bed consisted of a worn out mattress with a cheap micro sponge top put on it, second the lamp shades were all broken, cheap to replace, the floor was super creaky and loose under your feet in places, when the people next door took a shower it was so loud we had to turn the TV way up, it is supposed to be a no smoking facility but the room smelled like smoke to both of us. It looks like they may be doing some renovations but for what we paid we think we will be looking for a different place for our next stay as we plan to make the area a regular for us.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!