“Great Customer Service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Concord, California
“Great Customer Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. We decided to splurge a little bit and try to upgrade to a suite. When I told Owen in reservations about our situation, he worked with his manager to upgrade us to the suite for free. We were then able to use that money to splurge on some water sports and nice dinners. The location is great with a 2 mnute walk to the private beach and all other Stateline accomodations like the Gondola and casinos. Great time!

686 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Petaluma, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We just finished a two night stay at 3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club and we were so thrilled to have picked this place to stay. I had been looking for a clean, decent, comfortable and affordable place to stay and I'm so glad I made the right choice. We had the queen suite with sofa bed. It was awesome! The suite had a kitchen (coffeepot, microwave, gas stove, oven and small refrigerator). There was a fireplace. A flatscreen TV with a DVD player in the living room (where the sofabed is). The bedroom also had a flatscreen. The bathroom was spacious, with a shower and separate large tub. The place was clean!! I can't speak for the other rooms, but the suite we had was clean, cozy and relaxing. And the bed was so incredibly comfortable and soft. Plenty of pillows. There was also a small patio with a couple chairs and small coffee table. The room does tend to get a bit warm and stuffy, but it was also a warm summer weekend as it was (mid-70s). There's an AC unit of some kind in the living room that does a decent job of cooling things down inside. I can't say enough how comfortable the place was. I also have to say the staff is great. Gary Jones, the general manager, greeted us so warmly and was extremely kind and helpful. The hotel is located on the same street that leads to Heavenly Village. Great location. We will definitely be making this our go to place to stay in Tahoe from here on out.

Room Tip: The queen suite with sofa bed was roomy and comfortable
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed there in Aug., 2014. We reserved a room with a sleeper sofa for my adult daughter. The mattress was broken and wouldn't pull out. No one is there in the office after 10:00 at night. I called the number for maintaince and reached a hotel in Scottsdale, AZ! They are the ones to call if you check in late! I reported the problem to the front desk, e-mailed and called the manager but he won't contact me. I have never seen such a poorly run hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
San Andreas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When we first arrived we were greeted and assisted by Gus or Gary? I don't quite remember, but he was so kind and funny! We stayed in room 305, which is the Parlor King Suite, for three days and it the entire experience was overall pretty well, though I do have a bone to pick with them about a few things too.
We'll start with the cons:
We were on the ground floor, which I really dislike, and I wish this was a thing you could choose online.
The patio was quite small and had spiders coming down from their webs, so you can gather we didn't really stay out there much due to random spider appearances. However, I do understand that this is Lake Tahoe, so there are little creatures here and there. :)
The shower pressure is indeed a joke, almost like getting lightly rained on.
You can also hear when units around us are running their water, which was kind of weird at times but definitely not a deal breaker as it wasn't for long periods at a time.
Lack of brochures or restaurant dining guides in our room. There was none, but we have smart phones and laptops so we solved that problem ourselves. I just thought it was unusual.
Our room looked nothing like the photos online of the Parlor Suite. Perhaps they have multiple Parlor Suites?
Our room smelled of bleach when we first walked in, like others have said in other reviews, but it quickly went away within in a few hours and it wasn't to the point where you were gagging or couldn't stand it at all. I personally like the faint smell of it, smells like cleanliness. :)
That's it!

Parking is great.
Beds are AMAZING. Fluffy clouds that you never want to get out of. Pillows are just as great.
Good size flat screens and great channels available. I read a review for this place about how someone had to rent DVD players, and well, our room came with one so I guess it just depends what room you decide to book.
AC and heater work fantastically.
Fireplace is cozy.
Huge bathtub that could fit two and it was such a treat (made up for the awful shower water pressure.)
Close to the Heavenly shops, casinos, bike rental places, and also the Hotel's shared private beach, all in walking distances. Apparently guests get in for free at the beach too. :)
Plenty of towels and toiletries.
We had a kitchen! Stove, sink, microwave, blender, toaster, set of cooking utensils, dishes, etc. They even provided us with dish soap, paper towels, and a dish drying rack. It's like a home away from home. Everything is so comfortable.
Our room also had a great size couch, which was comfy too.
No hair like others have reported in their drains.
I was a little worried about pet hair being in our room, since this is a pet friendly hotel, but nope, there was none!
Free and decently fast WIFI.
Weather was soooo nice, and this place is tucked away beautifully under tall trees. I love the wooden outside of the buildings, very pretty touch.
I say for what we spent, we got what we deserved. I would stay here again, just not on a ground floor as a personal preference. We didn't want to leave. :)

Room Tip: Select your room carefully and ask questions!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I guess we had our expectations not so high after reading some of the reviews of " the glorified motel". It was actually perfect for us. The room ( 131) we were assigned to was clean, well maintained, great corner unit with king size bed, safe and a fire place. The heater worked perfectly fine in the room and the bathroom.
Good toiletries , tea and coffee at the reception, as well as pool table, and wonderful helpful front desk guys.
We truly enjoyed the hot tub ( there is actually two), its kind of private, and you can not be seen from the street outside and is clean and good size. Pool was a little chilly, but felt great after the hot tub! Wish its open till 11 or midnight though...The grounds are taken care of, it felt extremely peaceful there and the property looked so much better than all the lodgings around! It did not have that cheap motel feel to it at all.
Great location, minutes to Heavenly village ( great pizza place there), the beach was close by as well. It was actually our least favorite beach, no alcohol or dogs are allowed (!), it feels closed off and croweded, although it is great for kids and it was lots of them there. We preferred driving to little beaches tw Incline village where the locals go( you will see cars parked on the side of freeway), and found a few gorgeous ones ( one was right after Zephyr Cove, another after Sand Harbor) , all great for dogs as well.
We also liked Camp Richardson and Ski Run Marina for lake view dining. Highly recommend checking out Cafe Fiore for dinner.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay, and are planning on making it our tradition to come in August . Great time of the year to be there...

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very rude and uncaring female front office person, horribly noisy air conditioner, clogged shower drain, no extra towels (they ran out!!). Good location, but very creepy people staying out this place.

• Stayed July 2014
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We loved our stay here. Our room was 512A, in the back on the 3rd floor. We had a great balcony that overlooked the little side street. One room had a pullout couch, small fridge and a microwave. Could sit out in the evening and watch the sun go down over Heavenly Valley Resort. Can walk to Heavenly Village or the casinos from here. Great pool and hot tubs.

The General Manager (forgot his name) greeted us very enthusiastically upon our arrival which was fun!

I've read other reviews with people slighting the place for it's "beach club" listing. Shame on you for not doing your own research. Had you taken a moment to visit the website you could see the hotel for what it is. You can walk to the beach from there, no photos show the hotel at the lake.

It is a travelers responsibility to do a little groundwork before you arrive at a destination and hotel. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone looking for something outside the casino world, but close enough to walk there if you wanted. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if you can. Pool rooms are great for people and pets, but no privacy.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!