“Very friendly chalet-like, all pets welcome, hotel” 4 of 5 stars

3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   931 Park Avenue, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #11 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Calgary, Canada
“Very friendly chalet-like, all pets welcome, hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We really liked this hotel. It is very charming and most pet-friendly (especially dogs it would seem as do toys were actually in the room!) The room was very woodsy, we had a second floor location so no sounds from other guests. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean and yes, there was a faint odor of pet-cleaning product, but we were greatful they took us and our cats in with no problem. Very friendly staff and a real welcome after a 10 hour drive. It is close to some great restaurants and is an affordable. We arrived too late to enjoy the pool or hot tub, but all in all a place to return to when spending a few days in Lake Tahoe, especially if you have dogs!

Room Tip: upstairs rooms and end units
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Chico, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I arrived and was greeted warmly
by Deon. The location is within walking distance of shopping and casinos but on a quiet side street.
Deon informed me that I had received an upgrade. My suite was fabulous - pine mountain decor, fireplace, livingroom and full kitchen, dining area for 4 people and a separate bedroom. Nice bathrrom, shower/tub and quality amenities.
Sleeping on the bed was like sleeping on a cloud - very comfortable king bed with a white down comforter and plenty of perfect pillows. Dreamy!
The outdoor whirlpool is large and has 2 levels with a waterfall.
This stay was an absolutely perfect experience. I will definitely come back and recommend 3 Peaks Resort to friends.

• Stayed November 2013
Novato
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is the first Time I have stayed at 3 Peaks as my Daughter was having her wedding at Edgewood golf course and needed a place to stay with my 2 Dogs. When I arrived after a 4 hour drive I was greeted by Deon who surprised me with an upgraded room! and WOW what a room clean! 3 TVs, End unit location! 2 bedrooms with King Beds and Pillow top comforters!, I have to say Deon was the best Greeter I have had in years at any Hotel Thanks Deon!
Then when checking out No surprises! Wendy was sweet and smiling and checked me out with a Smile! Thanks Wendy and 3 Peaks as It was wonderful and My 2 Aussies Loved your Place. I will be Back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

The only thing good was the hot tub. I read other reviews here and on trip advisor mentioning the bad smell and unfortunately they are true. When we first walked in the cleaning spray they used in the room was overpowering! Later we discovered why. We hung out for about 15 min or so and headed out to dinner. Later on we came back after several hours and the room smelled horrible! A mixture of mildew, mold, dog and who knows what else. It stunk! I have a bad allergy to mold (allergy tested and I take meds yearly for a few different allergies) and this place is full of it! We were woken up by the neighboring room taking a shower at 6am because of the sound of the pipes but mostly the fan sounded like a jackhammer. At that point there was no more sleeping for us. We took showers in our freezing cold bathroom. The heat didn't reach the bathroom. The downstairs people under us were up too and their fan made our floor vibrate and it was loud too. With about 50 other places to choose from in SLT I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were in South Lake Tahoe in early Nov 2013 and had a really pleasant time. The hotel is so conveniently located and is very dog friendly. Dion at the front desk was was the nicest of guys and upgraded us since it was a low season. The room we stayed in was extremely nice to say the least wit a nice deck facing the ski run. The beds were comfortable, everything in the room worked. The marina (amongst pretty much everything else) is a short walk from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were in South Lake Tahoe during the quiet season right before Thanksgiving and didn't want to stay with friends, found 3 Peaks Resort online & THANK GOODNESS! Such an amazing Hotel set in the middle of the tall pines with an awesome view of Heavenly Ski Resort. Walking distance to grocery stores, shopping, casinos, nightlife & great restaurants! The two story hot tub is probably THE best in Tahoe, definetly the biggest. Patrick at the front desk was very welcoming & we couldn't wait to get our luggage outta the car! (Thanks Patrick) The rooms are very comforting & VERY spacious. perfect for a group of friends or family. Considering they are a "pet-friendly" hotel, you can't even tell a furry friend was in there before you! The bed was in my top 3 comfiest beds for a hotel room! Twas hard to get out of.
I give this hotel a major thumbs up!
you won't regret your location and comfort that South Lake Tahoe has to offer.
We spend alot of time on Lake Tahoe & we will fer shure be back to 3 Peaks Resort!!!!

- Aubrey & Troy

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Pros: Room was clean

Cons: Rooms are very tiny, bed was worn and very uncomfortable (I don't have back trouble but woke up daily with sore back, hubby looked under bed and there was a metal bar running under it because it was broken -- complained but they wouldn't move us rooms), you can hear the other guests through the walls (word for word, including TV), NOT ENOUGH PARKING! For a building that had 24 guest rooms - 7 parking spaces were out front for us all to share (the other buildings had either 5-6 rooms and had 3 spaces), had to be careful where you parked or you were towed (we were not but seen multiple cars being towed).

South Lake Tahoe was beautiful but with so many hotels to choose from, I wish we had found a different one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!