“A fine and clean place and great location” 4 of 5 stars

3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   931 Park Avenue, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #11 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Ramon, California
“A fine and clean place and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was there 3 days, July 1st through 3rd 2013; everything was great from day one; got greeted by Christina [thank you for all the help, if you read this]; got there 3 hours early, but Christina helped to get me in with only 1/2 hour wait. The place was quiet, and lots of shade. The Delux room that I got with a good price, looked great. Good parking. The best place; walking distance of 2 to 5 minutes to casinos, the beach (free ticket), the best shopping center with all sorts of food and stores; 3 minutes walk from the heavenly gondola lift; and secure. I did not have any problems whatsoever.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Northridge Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had a great time here, stayed in room 504, large 1 bedroom with all the conveniences. Also good location, 5 minute walk to Lake, as well as to main shopping and casinos. Room was clean, comfortable, very good value for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cave Creek, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

After seeing reviews on this hotel we were disappointed. It is an older hotel that hasn't keep up with the rating. Check in was all right but the employees were short & sweet like it was very routine. The room decor, while done in pine was fine but very small including the bathroom.No lounge chair.The room only had one bar of soap & ran out of facial tissue besides. We found a hole in the blanket & the linens seemed worn. The TV was a disaster as it must have been over 10 years old with a fuzzy picture & lacking decent color.
I will say that the location was very convenient and we took advantage of it. If you are looking for a 3 star hotel/resort I can't recommend it based on our frequent travels. Sorry.

Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We arrived at this property about 7:40 PM on June 26-- tired after a long road trip. We could see thru the locked glass office doors that there was nobody in the office, and there was also a note that said the manager was out assisting a guest on property but would return shortly.

We waited at least 10 minutes at the door, then walked completely around the property to see if we could find anybody that looked like a staff member. We immediately noticed one man in the pool area who looked out of place because he was fully clothed in a rolled-up long shirt and pants while everyone one else was in swim attire. He was casually sitting barefoot on the ground by the Jacuzzi and had a couple of Coronas in glass bottles by his side. The pool sign said "no glass" and I also had to initial this during check-in. I wondered if this man might be an employee, but he looked more like a guest because he was laughing and talking along with the other guests there.

We walked back to the front to see if anybody had come back yet--nope. Next I tried calling the hotel #. It rang and rang, and then went to voicemail (or answering machine), but there was a message that it was would not accept any messages. I tried calling three times. After 20 minutes nobody still had shown up or answered the phone, so I walked back to the pool area and asked if anybody knew where the manager might be. This guy said, "that would be me" and finally got up to check us in. He said, "You must have arrived just as I locked the door". Uh-huh... I looked at my watch once he got us checked-in; a full 30 minutes had gone by since we arrived. After he checked us in, he went right back out to the pool again. I wouldn't have minded waiting if there was an urgent situation that the manager was truly assisting a guest, but for him to be ignoring guests who are trying to check-in and blatantly breaking their own rules is terrible customer service.

I am a travel agent who has stayed at many smaller hotels and motels around the world. I don't often go out of my way to not recommend a property, but I would never recommend this property to anybody due to the poor way that they apparently treat some of their guests.

Pros
-reasonable rate for South Lake Tahoe
-rustic, cozy-looking place
-walking distance to shops, casinos and the lake

Cons
-they ignore guests and break their own rules as noted above.
-my confirmation clearly states that there office is open to 11PM, yet they closed at 10PM.
-Wi-Fi was bad--up and down and very, very slow (had to repeatedly try to connect)
-no accessible plugs to be seen in the room--at least nowhere by the beds
-very limited, tight parking (nothing near our room)
-property is not in good condition - paint and carpeting looks worn, bathtub is chipped
-they call it a "Beach Club" but the beach is about 3 football fields away
-we had 2nd floor room with a balcony, but we cannot see anything from it as there is a tree totally blocking the view.
-their website claims that they have large rooms. Ours was quite small--barely wide enough for two double beds.

Room Tip: Don't pick a "deluxe" room as there is nothing "deluxe" about it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Booked through hotwire. Was INCREDIBLE value.

Fantastic place, Deon was a great host!.
The pool and hot tub are amazing.
The only complain to mention is that $100 was deducted from our credit card upon check-in. I presume this for incidentals and have been told that it will be reversed, however at this point it has still not been put back on our card, and it would have been nice to have been told this would happen in the first place!
Other than that, can not fault this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Pacific Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at the 3 Peaks Resort last year and this year while attending an event in Lake Tahoe. The rooms are nice, and the hotel is so nicely located. Everything is walkable. They allow pets and have areas for them to do their business, and include the bags.
The staff is nice, although I didn't have to ask them anything as the room was just fine. We had a balcony with a partial view of the lake, and all for a good price. I will be going back next year. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I couldn't find more than one outlet, so though it has free wifi, I didn't want to plug my laptop in by the sink. Other than that, a great value. We will be going back again next year.

Room Tip: Upstairs for the possible view…not guaranteed as there are trees….but the lake is about 100 yds. awa...
illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Pros: Check-in was easy and quick.
Good, central location. Close to everything.
Spacious bathroom with jacuzzi tub and separate shower.
Ceiling fans in living room and bedroom a plus.
Cons: Unpleasant smell in the unit.
Sofa bed was old and tattered. Kitchen appliances falling apart : broken refrigerator
handle,smoke came out of stove top when oven was turned on, freezer in refrigerator did
not work.
Shower when turned on produced a very loud humming noise.
Window type air conditioning unit in the bedroom (very loud) would not automatically stop.
Carpet was old and dirty.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!