“Dog friendly” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Napa, CA.
“Dog friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

We have stayed there twice before in the suite with full kitchen and living area. Those rooms are great! BUT the walls tend to be paper thin and one can hear toilets and showers in adjoining rooms like they are right there.
This past stay suite was rented so we asked for King bed with fireplace. We got just that but no wood for FP. The suites Fp's were gas, this was not. So I called front desk and was told that I needed to go buy the wood at a store if I wanted to use the FP. I was not too happy about that. The FP went unused. Walls still paper thin but they do have a great huge hot tub with cascading levels and are dog friendly.

• Liked — Dog friendly
  • Disliked — Staff's attitudes
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

Nice place, we stayed there over Mother's Day weekend. It is within walking distance to the casino's, shopping and the beach.
Our room had a mini kitchen, which was cool. Our bathroom had a large soaking tub. The hotel has two large hot tubs a pool.
All in all it was a good stay. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

We just returned from 4 nights at '3 Peaks' resort. Although it is advertised as "pet friendly" and we have no pet that we travel with, we booked due to the location and value. There were a number of people there with dogs, but you never heard a bark, and it made for friendly people, so I would not hesitate to stay there just because you have no pet. We liked that it was not right on the main road, so it was very quiet. In fact the hotel was at full capacity for the 2 weekend nights and despite that we were never disturbed by noise from other guests.

We had the standard king room; rustic appeal with modern touches, very clean. Going between Tahoe tourist seasons (winter and Summer) meant unbelievable value.

Staff was courteous, main lobhby has a pool table, computer, flat screen TV. The in-room wireless was flawless, critical as we had business to conduct.

There are some newly remodeled rooms right on the pool, which is maintained very well along with the hottub.

After walking around all of South Lake Tahoe and seeing where all of the smaller hotels were (vs. the Nevada line casinos) we think the '3 Peaks' has the perfect location and clean appeal, and we would not hesitate to stay there again. We especially liked that a short (5 minute) walk brought us to the main road where we had a wide choice of restaurants and shopping at our fingertips.

Stayed April 2008
Moose8842
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

We were a little nervous because we had not been to 3 Peaks or heard of it before. We expected a "good" place for our family and dog. We picked it because it was affordable. When we arrived we found that it was newly remodled. When we entered I was very surprized to find that the room, a Jr. Suite, was big, had a great log-cabin interior and was two blocks from Heavenly and walking distance to food and the casinos. It was very, very nice. We are already booking our next stay for the summer. Nice little find. Staff was friendly. Check-in was easy. They have a pool and hot tubs which I did not use. The room came with DVD, King bed and had a jacuzzi tub.

• Liked — Clean. Remodeled. Close to Heavenly and beach
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vacaville, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

A friend from work recommended your resort and I can understand why. The location was great and you can't beat the price for the quality that you receive. The weather was a bit too cool for the pool, but the hot tubs (yes...there are TWO) were awesome, particularly after a long day of hiking.

Everyone was great from the house/grounds keepers to the front office. One gentleman (I can't remember his name) went above and beyond by recommending a wonderful hiking location and even mapped it out for me.

I will definitely recommend your place to others and will be returning again!

Stayed April 2008
Berkeley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

My husband and I picked this hotel because it is pet friendly. The rooms were nice and they had a few areas set up out side the hotel for dogs to do their business. The only problem we had was with the lack of warmth and willingness to help from the front desk. A little effort goes along way, and there was no effort given here.

• Liked — Pet Friendly
  • Disliked — Front desk
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sausalito/Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

This was a trip long anticipated by my daughter and I, I went to high school here and was looking up some old pals and showing my teenage daughter around Tahoe, Stateline and Zephyr Cove.

This place was a true find! The rooms were rustic and charming. We loved the decor and the beds with the memory foam toppers were HEAVEN! I have never ever slept so soundly in another hotel room and I've stayed in many. I live part of the year in Hawaii, so I am very familiar with resort destinations. The rooms were squeaky clean and fresh. The free wireless is a HUGE bonus. I am so tired of being nickel and dimed everytime I stay in a hotel to check my email...thank you 3 peaks.

The staff was outstanding and quite accomodating. And so darn cute too, sorry, had to throw that in. My girlfriend was booked into a luxury suite up in Squaw but loved it where we were much more. You just can't beat that location.

I was able to bring my dog, Mr. Man. He met another pug and had the most wonderful time as well. His first time at a hotel and he was equally impressed with how pet friendly the hotel was. The housekeeping staff must be very good as there was no indication whatsoever that there had ever been any dogs in the room.

My only suggestion would be, like one of the other posters, to get rid of the pool table. I would put in a nice continental breakfast, nothing fancy, but a little something to knosh on would be great, or a cocktail/appetizer apres ski/sun meet and greet hour? The staff was so nice, it would have been nice to see them at a mixer with the guests.

The biggest compliment I can give is my referral and I already have. I will be back!

Thanks 3 Peaks, great stay, great staff!

• Liked — the beds, pet friendly accomodations and staff
  • Disliked — nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!