“I Continue to Stay Here Over and Over. Great Service. Great Location. Great Value.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club

You added 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club to your Saves list
3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   931 Park Avenue, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #13 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Santa Rosa, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love this place. I have been staying here for a few years now and continue to return over and over. First of all, you cannot beat the location. Walking distance to the Heavenly Gondola. Also walking distance, to shopping, dining, casinos, and more. Second, the service is always spot on. Most recently, I was assisted by Deon at check-in. He was extremely professional and friendly and accommodating. The service has been great every visit. Third, the accommodations are also lovely. I have stayed in nearly every type of room they offer. Their basic rooms are rustic and cabin-like in feel, which I enjoy as it feels very "Tahoe" to me. Their pool-side suites, on the other hand, are very modern in feel. This trip we stayed in the two bedroom townhome. It was fabulous. Super comfy beds and a warm cozy fireplace. What more can you ask for?! 3 Peaks has great accommodations for a great value. And finally, the best part of 3 Peaks is their huge, outdoor, double-decker hot tub. Great for winding down after a day on the slopes. ***Also, they are pet friendly. I didn't travel with my pooch, but it's great to know they welcome your pets.

Room Tip: For a couple, my favorite room is the king poolside suite with the in room jacuzzi. I also really l...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been going to tahoe for many years skiing. 2-3 times a month with friends and family. This year I wanted to find a new and really nice place to stay, on a budjet. We have stayed many different places over the years but could'nt find that special place, untill this year. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and quite. The person that checked us in the last 3 times is Dion. He went out of his way to explain everything and made sure we were happy. One time he upgraded us to a very nice suite at no extra charge. Did'nt even have to ask. I can tell you now we will not stay anywhere else. The price was very reasonable.You have to try it.

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Only stayed one night in January, was helped by a nice guy named Pattrick who upgraded us at no cost to a 2 bedroom suite. It was great for us only concern i had was the heat. Our heaters were confusing and we spent the night an day a lot colder than we should have even after having someone come up and look at it. Very nice people though and very nice log cabin atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

For my last stay in Heavenly I tried a new accommodation since I was looking for a room with a kitchen to be able to prepare some food in the hotel room. Since it still was in low season I scored a pretty good rate on the 3 Peaks’ studio suite.

+/- Rooms
The suite I stayed in had a very cute and cozy design with a wooden ceiling and fireplace that was framed by boulders. The room’s advantages are its size (spacious), the small kitchen that has a small but ok selection of cooking tools, an oven, microwave, toaster, and coffee machine, and it’s location on the 2nd floor.
However, the walls are paper-thin with the water pipes running in between. So if worse comes worse you can hear you neighbor’s 24/7.
Which might be a problem if you have a group of students in your building that love to party, in particular if the rates are low. To avoid those situations I recommend to ask for a very quite building.

+/- Maintenance/Housekeeping
When we had some issues with the TV the facility manager fixed them within 10 minutes. On the other hand the maintenance was pretty bad when the roads were covered with snow and turned into ice. You really had to watch out walking along the hotel paths without breaking your neck! Something the management should take care off immediately.
Housekeeping was mixed. First day was great, but during a five-night stay we didn’t receive any new bathroom amenities or fresh large towels. On the other hand they cleaned our breakfast dishes.

+/- Receptionist
The guy taking care of us during arrival was friendly while the women during check-out was a little bit grumpy.

- Rates
While the rates during low season were around $38 for a double room and $75 for the studio suite, the prices are exploding during high season and weekends to $125 and $200 per night, which I think is not reasonable for this resort.

Would I stay here again? Not if my beloved Best Western next door still has a room available.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay on the highest floor, bring earplugs!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place surpasses all of our prior expectations. While offering rooms at affordable rates, it is in a prime location - 5 minutes walk from the supermarket, Heavenly Ski Complex, and Lake Tahoe. Our room is very clean and cozy. We are so glad we've chosen to stay here.

Brentwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We recently stayed 3 nights in a studio king suite with a kitchen. It had a fireplace which we loved! The kitchen was a great way to save money on meals! Patrick was especially helpful in catering to our needs. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others! We will be back to vacation here another time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

As a dog, I highly recommend this place. You get to be with your humans at Lake Tahoe! I spent a week at this lodge with my parents over Christmas.The location is wonderful: I took my parents on walks to the lake and to Stateline. The staff is friendly and helpful. Christina and Gregg are really nice! My parents say they will take me back--I can hardly wait!
Scarlett, Standard Poodle & Diva