“Wonderful location and beautiful room!” 5 of 5 stars

3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   931 Park Avenue, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #12 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Jose, California
“Wonderful location and beautiful room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here December 7-9, 2012. First off- The price was extremely reasonable! Second- The location of this hotel in comparison to the casinos and Heavenly gondola was extremely close! Everything was within walking distance! and Third- The room was beautiful, we didn't feel like we were in a hotel room, it was like our own large one bedroom apartment! Fireplace flat screen TV in the living room and in the bedroom, full kitchen and very large bathroom!

The staff was extremely friendly! We will be back to this hotel when visiting the beautiful South Lake Tahoe area!

Room Tip: 1. Definitely stay in an upstairs room, if downstairs you will hear the upstairs neighbors very clea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at 3 peaks as a family, 3 adults 2 kids for an entire week. We had an amazing stay!! We stayed In a very spacious, fully equipped, 2bd 2 bath condo. The GM Gary Jones, was very accomidating and provided top notch quality experience for us. The front desk staff was extraordinary and responded to all needs in a very prompt and professional manner. Thanks Deon, Christina, and Wendy. Also, the grounds man, Greg, was very friendly and did a phenomenal job maintaining the property. We would recommend this hotel in a heart beat. Thanks again 3 Peaks team......we had a great family vacation.

Elias Astuto
Nicole Hernandez
and the rest

• Stayed December 2012
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The terrific service by Deon at the front desk has inspired us to communicate a 5-star rating to others interested in a high-value hotel in South Lake Tahoe. We have stayed at the 3 Peaks Resort several times in 3 years and it is our go-to hotel for weekend travel to ski! Puppy friendly and always super-clean. You can expect to be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Suites are terrific, with easy gas fireplaces, well stocked kitchen!
Tiburon, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I'm not sure why they call themesleves a resort and beach club. It's a nice motel. That's all.

The Good...
The room was nice and comfortable.
The staff is VERY friendly.
The shower pressure was great.
Good location.

The Bad...
The pet policy is ridiculous. You have to initial at check in that you will not leave your dog in the room unattended. How are you supposed to go skiing, out to dinner, to a casino, etc. Harvey's doesn't have this policy.
There is a "resort fee" which is an added percentage charge on everything. I rented a microwave and they added a resort fee on top of the $6 charge. That was on top of the resort fee I paid on the room and the resort fee I paid on the additional pet fee. Many hotels taht have a variety of things to do (more like a resort) will charge a flat "resort" fee. This place charges a percentage on each and everything. There is also a city charge that is different than city tax. All in all you'll pay much more than what you see when making your reservation
The bed is lumpy. I sleep on a memory foam bed so it was fine with me, but if you like your mattress firm, forget it..

If it weren't for the insane pet policy and the additional resort fee (at a motel) I would say here again. As it is now, I won't.

Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here for two nights last weekend and it was great. We walked to everything because 3 Peaks is right next to everything without being on the noisier strip. Room was good and the bed pretty comfy. The guy at the front desk, Deon, was super friendly and very helpful with which resorts had the best snow.

Did I mention they have a huge double-tier hot tub? It even has a little waterfall between the tiers you can sit under.

10/10 would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
San Anselmo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Christina made our experience one of the best ever. This Hotel is a 5 star resort and the rooms are second to none. Christina was accommodating in every way and the rooms are clean, beautiful and the best stay I have ever had at a hotel. The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: This is the best value in South Lake Tahoe. The rooms are amazing!!! Ask for Christina and you will...
michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the 3 Peaks Resort for a few days at the end of October/beginning of November. I booked a one bedroom on the second floor. It was like a comfy, cozy little ski resort. We liked having the kitchette in the room too! There were two large flat screen TV's in the unit, a nice stand up shower and a soaking tub in the bathroom, a separate vanity area and then a separate commode area.The parking situation was great as well. We loved everything about our room and the location in town near the Nevada/California border.
Good customer service is huge for me. I was in the customer service industry for over 30 years. My one and only complaint were the young '20 something' ladies who worked at the front desk. They were not overly friendly which was a real surprise. On our second day there, I talked to one young lady to share that the clock radio on the nightstand in our room had a low buzzing noise....not the alarm part of it...but a "radio frequency" buzzing noise. She looked up from the computer long enough to say, "just unplug it". I asked her if we could get a replacement and she said, "No, we don't have extra ones". Another time, I walked in the office and another one of the young ladies was doing her nails at the reception desk. It took her several seconds to look up from the computer and acknowledge me too. My husband enjoyed the young man who worked in the office though. His name was Deon. I would definately go back back to the 3 Peaks and book the same room...but I would hope that the young ladies would get some people skills by that time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!