“Good Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Elk Grove, California
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were very pleased to be upgraded from a 2 double bed room to a townhouse with a kitchen and fireplace upon our arrival. The townhouse was nicely decorated with knotty pine furnishings and a large stone fireplace. It was very clean and the beds were the most comfortable I have slept in in the Tahoe area. The walls are paper thin, so if noise is an issue, you may want to take this into consideration. 3 Peaks is close to the lake and is very family friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street for less noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

665 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Chico, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I'm training for a new job in Tahoe and I'm from Folsom. Needed to get a room for a few days so I wouldn't get stuck in snow driving back and forth. I was referred to 3 Peaks by another person who had stayed here and said it was nice especially for budget pricing. I saw the room and was a little disappointed because it was kind of dark for me. I told Wendy I would take it but mentioned I was the kind of person who needed light. When I came back later she told me she had been able to move me to a better room. I was so excited this room has vaulted ceilings and a balcony so had a slider making it much lighter. In addition to the light it also had a fireplace and was much larger. I am so grateful as working here I needed a place where I can relax and unwind.

Room Tip: ignore the restaurant - hotel doesn't have one but 2 blocks from good restaurants, casinos, skii...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Yosemite National Park, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Favorite things: Staff, location, beds!

We arrived and got an instant upgrade, which is always awesome! The General Manager was a really great guy and took very good care in answering all of my ridiculous questions. Later we met the maintenance guy at the vending machines who gave us some great advice on things to do. The staff in general was the best part of this place! Location is also wonderful - 2 blocks from the lake and a short walk to all the casinos so I never had to get in my car!

This suite was beautiful and the beds were out of this world comfortable, but there were a lot of little things that needed updated or fixed. Once they get this place fixed up a bit more it will seriously be top notch!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I guess they were trying for cosy, but fake antler lamps with elch motifs, a lumberjack's failed attempt at making furniture and a dizzying bedspread really didn't do it for me. To top it off, the A/C sounded like it was trying to take down the wall (I quickly turned that off). Otherwise pretty OK, the bed was comfy, and free WiFi and a reasonable price made things a bit better. Friendly enough staff, but your're probably better off getting information on your own, both for eating out (there is no in-house restaurant) and nearby sights.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Torrey, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive place to stay in S. Lake Tahoe and were pleased to discover 3 Peaks. At the front desk Deon greeted us in a friendly manner and was most helpful in getting us in the room we wanted at the right rate - under $60. For a budget property, this exceeded our expectations with cozy wood trim, a clean room and comfortable bed. It was also walking distance to Hwy 50 with plenty of places to grab something to eat. We enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: The ground level room worked well for us.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel is awesome! The guy at the front desk, I think his name was Brandon, was very nice and accommodating. The entire staff was great! The rooms were large and inviting and the hotel was close to a lot of restaurants and other attractions. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed for one night as a stop over from a long road trip.
Had one dog, they allow pets and is one of their core offering BUT charge $25 per night per pet. I didn't know about the fee till I got to the place.

Rustic, old facility, carpet dirty, stained, ripped.
Stayed on the 2nd floor, in the older rooms I guess.

The only good thing is the bed is comfortable and felt clean.
Bathroom is also clean, standard, but quite small.

Location is close to restaurants.

Room Tip: Request for updated rooms and maybe second floor?
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!