“Best choice in Tahoe!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
California
“Best choice in Tahoe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I love this hotel! I have stayed here 4 or 5 times and my most recent visit was the best yet! After an epically long drive we arrived around 9pm and were greeted (as the other reviews have mentioned) with friendly, personable, accommodating staff. Craig checked us in, and he was very professional and courteous even under the pressure of the boss who was (jokingly) giving him a hard time throughout the process. It was only his third day on the job but he held his own, had the answers to the few questions we had, and helped to make check-in (what can sometimes be a stressful ordeal) very easy.

I am a hotel lover and obsessive online researcher. I reserved the the Parlor Suite-King Bed. It was hard to tell for sure if this room (apartment I should say) had a soaking tub. I found mixed information all over the web. I don't go ANYwhere where there is not a bathtub, preferably a bigger, fancier one than I have at home :-) So, imagine my dismay when I was told by - who I can only assume was the manager (I didn't get his name, d'oh!) - that out of all the Parlor Suite Kings there were only two without a soaking tub, and we were assigned to one. *gasp* Sensing my impending total melt down (lol) he told me not to worry, that he was happy to try and switch rooms. I told him I would be ok to downgrade to another type of room, I just needed that tub. He said he prefers to always UPgrade instead, when possible. After a couple of minutes of messing with poor Craig and showing him how to manipulate the reservations in the computer ... Waaa Laaa! Soaking tub. I can't say enough about the staff. They do really go out of there way to make sure you have a good time while you're there. And in South Shore this is rare.

Now... the room... #308...LOVE!!! I said 'apartment' previously because that's what it's like. A one bedroom apartment complete with kitchen, separate bedroom, big bathroom and BIG tub with separate shower. There was a gas burning rock fireplace, super cool wallpaper and 2 flat screens. DVD players in both rooms (nice) and a HUGE (ie: long, not wide) private deck on the back with doors from the kitchen and the bedroom. I absolutely love this renovated room! I've always stayed in the two bedrooms and they are very nice as well but it had been a few years since I had been here and what a difference! It was so nice to be in Tahoe and still get all the 'little' things that make a huge difference. Like big flat screens, DVD players, cool wallpaper and furnishings. And that bed... OMG! LOVE LOVE LOVE! So comfortable. Seriously one of the best hotel beds I've ever slept in (and that's sayin somethin', lol).

The only issue we had was housekeeping walking into our room at 11am on the dot after just one quick knock. We had asked for a late checkout (and was accommodated, of course) and were not prepared to have the cleaning staff just walk in. Admittedly, the 'boy' had not placed the Do Not Disturb card back in the door lock so technically it IS his fault. We did receive two more knocks in the next hour, however, seeing if we had left yet. A system of letting the cleaning staff know when there's a late checkout would be a great idea.

We had NO problem with the free wifi and it was very easy to connect to. Can't wait to come back. I won't even look into staying anywhere else in Tahoe again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Marysville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I usually go for expensive luxury style hotels because I want to make sure I have a comfortable bed. But my husband said to try a cheap hotel since we wouldn't spend much time their. I was a little hesitant but agreed to stay somewhere cheap. We found 3 peaks resort which is pet friendly. I was actually shocked how comfortable the bed was and how affordable the room was, which gave us more money to enjoy at the casino. I would definatley return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
Lake Tahoe, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

The cleaning crew left the door wide open! They first tried to convince us that the cleaners haven't been to the room. We were gone all day came back home and either a weird fetish bandit broke in and made the bed, or the cleaners didn't shut the door! Sorry, but "we can't refund your money" isn't an acceptable answer to this.

Menifee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Our stay here was an excellent beginning to our across country move to Florida. The staff, which I assume were the owners, did every thing expected and had excellent attitudes. Check in was smooth and pleasant. The male staff member even went as far as walking with me to help find a place to park our moving truck. He did not hesitate to give me a personal assist when asked.
The facility is well kept, well groomed, and well located. The resort has an outdoor heated pool and one of the largest outdoor spas I have ever seen. It is a two level spa and has very hot water that is so pleasing.
Our room was a king room. Very comfortable bed. Furniture in the room is very rustic, made of Fir wood. Large room too. There is a ceiling fan, good a/c & heat, a mini-frig, nice lavatory, well equipped bathroom, and newly installed carpeting.
This resort is suited well for either of the seasons in Tahoe.

Room Tip: Stay close to the pool and spa, rooms 101 - 111.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

This place has been newly renovated. The facilities are great. It is walking distance to the lakefront, walking distance to the Heavenly gondola and shopping centers and grocery store. Perfect location at the perfect rate. They have lots of parking right outside your door. Their King bed was so comfortable. Who wouldn't appreciate a huge flat screen TV in our room, in our case we had 2, so it worked out great for my family. The kitchenette is well furnished with utensils, cleaning supplies, etc. The refrigerator makes ice, can you believe that? Lots of parking and most of all my dogs felt so welcome. It was a truly a pleasant experience. Oh by the way, they have a decent size outdoor pool and a raised and somewhat private hot jacuzzi. Loved it!

Room Tip: We picked a suite with kitchenette and a king bed. The room is pretty spacious for family of 3 to 4...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

This place was a very nice place to stay. The rooms are very cool looking. The location is perfect walking distance to lake and downtown shopping area. We drove around lake Tahoe and we were glad we stayed here.

• Stayed October 2011
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

This hotel is a hidden gem, especially for dog lovers. Its a fun place to stay, great pool area and the customer service is top notch. I have stayed at the hotel many times. When Bryan is at the front desk, I get great customer service. Even when the phone is ringing and there's other people checking in he makes sure to acknowledge me. He also takes the extra time to make sure the room choice will suit my needs. He's great and the hotel is one of the best places to stay in South Shore.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!