“Great Stay in a lovely Place” 5 of 5 stars

3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   931 Park Avenue, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #11 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Rochdale, UK
“Great Stay in a lovely Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed at the 3 Peaks Hotel and Resort for one night in June 2011 as part of our Honeymoon road trip. I had read a number of good reviews online before we booked, and the hotel lived up to the good reviews that we had read. We got there early and checked with reception if it was possible to check in early. Unfortunatley it was not, but the staff were happy for us to leave our car in the hotel carpark whilst we went out for a wander.

The hotel was in walking distance of a lot of attractions which was handy for us so we went out to have a look around. Within 5 minutes we had located a shopping complex and a supermarket. In this area was a gondola ride, and mini golf course. Another 5-10 mins walk up the road was the state line for Nevada too which meant that there were a number of casinos just across that line! We spent a couple of hours looking at this area and then went back to the hotel to check in.

When we checked in we were given a room on the ground floor – the room was very clean and looked lovely. It was log cabin style which made it feel nice and cozy. The bath was also a Jacuzzi style bath which was a nice surprise!

Overall, I’d recommend this hotel to other people. I felt that it was a good stay and that the hotel offered value for money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

This was our first trip to Lake Tahoe. We don't travel without our Chihuahua's, Buddy and Twinkie. I chose this hotel because of the reviews, and, because they offered a modern, yet rustic, poolside suite. We had a gated patio area which was at the pool. Although the sign said "No Pets at Pool", we had one of our dogs with us and he entertained all the guests. We are very consciencious about others, but Buddy was a star there! Twinkie preferred to snooze away on top of a very comfortable bed!

The room was clean, nice flat screen TV, Jacuzzi Tub in the living area, bathroom with a very large glass walk in shower with marble and a bench. The decor in the room was a bit "loud", i.e., the wallpaper would not have been my choice - but who cares! The room was very spacious, had a refrigerator and coffee maker.

Two complaints about this hotel: The room smelled a bit sour when we got there - good thing I packed my travel candles! I didn't notice it after a few minutes, and it wasn't so bad that it would make me not want to visit again.

#2 complaint - there was a sign at the pool "No Food or Drinks Allowed" - I could understand "no glass", but no food or beverage?? (we broke this rule too - everyone did!) It would be one thing if they sold food and drinks, but they didn't.

Overall - a pleasurable stay, easy access, and VERY dog friendly! Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Poolside suites - reasonably priced and worth a little extra $$ Double decker Spa/Jacuzzi also..
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Pollock Pines, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Our stay was very enjoyable. We were walking distance to a private beach at the lake. The pool and spa was clean and at the perfect temperatures. Our room was clean and cozy. Guest services was helpful and it was nice having the animals around, although we didn't bring ours this time. We will for sure come back with the pets and stay again. It was well worth the money we spent, which was not much at all. Thanks to the staff for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
los angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Stay Away………
With long holiday weekend rush, we were not getting rooms in prime hotels in lake Tahoe. After reading positive reviews here, we decided to give this hotel a try and now we wish we should have chosen a different location.
Although, the hotel is close to the market, casino’s, Gandola ride it is nothing but a glorified motel. We requested for 2 rooms next to each other, away from busy streets. Our requests were even confirmed when I called to receive confirmation email again (I was told that they forgot to put in my complete email id). Upon arrival in the evening were greeted by empty reception. After waiting for a long time to have someone check us in- we were told that they are fully booked and the 2 rooms are not next to each other. After lots of arguments we were given 2 rooms very close to the road. The check in staff told us that he has never seen these rooms before which were quite strange to us.
The rooms were small, congested and unappealing with super thin walls. They had a heavy iron table with sharp corners right in the middle of the room leaving no space for guests to walk and posing a safety hazard for our young kids. Housekeeping was terrible. No cups/ glasses were left in the room for water. Even after room service we could see crumbs on the carpet which they forgot to vacuum. Bed sheets were torn and every morning we woke with insect bites on our body. Not sure if those were bed bugs.
Plumbing was terrible. With a super noisy basin right next to the bed we had a hard time sleeping. Shower faucet handle came off the second day and maintenance staff couldn’t fix it. We ultimately left without showering. Parking lot was always full and it was terrible to find parking closer to our room. There swimming pool was just about ok and Jacuzzi with 2 working jets and over flowing water was more like a heated pool.
If this was not enough, we found an extra charge for $100 for our 2 rooms on our credit card. After several attempts to know what it is for and promised call backs which we never received, we finally found out that it is for excessive cleaning for the rooms. The hotel staff told us that the rooms were left filthy with dishes around. This was a complete lie as we didn’t cook there at all. Rooms were left in decent conditions with no damages. When I contested this with their general manager, he was said that the charges are right and he is busy with fully occupied hotel and has no time to discuss this with me and simply disconnected the phone without any proper closure. I have seen such rude and blunt customer service in any hotel I have stayed in.(and yes.. we have travelled widely all over the world)
If you want to stay in a peaceful, decent hotel without any health hazards and good guest services - STAY AWAY from this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
San Mateo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Clean, charming, modern and great location near beach and near restaurants and movie theatre. Had a minor glitch with the plumbing and manager Gaary Jones rectified things very quickly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Thanks Gary Jones for making our Birthday Girlfriend celebration so memorable. We were lucky enough to to stay in the poolside suites. The service was impecable and the rooms were yummy. Your staff, your smile and the service YOU provided us will absolutely bring us back!!!!! THANK YOU! Lana

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Livermore, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Bad, Bad, Bad Experience! Ya know how you work 50 weeks a year to get two weeks off and you want to get away and relax and be taken care of a little? Well let me tell you, this is NOT the place to go! The room itself was “OK” – nothing great for sure. The price was “OK” – especially since we stayed during the week. The staff however was the most rude, arrogant, condescending people I have ever come across!
We arrived about 2 PM and were told that we couldn’t check in until 3 – not a problem, we returned later and checked in. We got two keys, one didn’t work, I brought it back and before they made me another they “verified” that it wasn’t working, like I wasn’t’ telling the truth or something. It seemed odd to me but the gentlemen just said he wanted to see what it was reading. OK – It would have been really easy to simply say. “Gee, I’m sorry, let me fix that for you” – That key didn’t work either but I wasn’t going back again.
The second of three nights we came back from sightseeing about 6 PM and our room had not been made up. I went down to the desk to complain and was basically told that it was my fault because we had left the room shortly after 10 AM that morning and the cleaning staff had apparently already been by and did not check at the end of their rounds to see if there were any rooms that had been missed. (I remembered later that at 2 PM the day before there had not been any rooms available for check in because they weren’t finished cleaning) Instead of “Gee, I’m sorry, what can I do to fix this?” I got a blank stare and had to ask “Can I at least get some clean towels? I was given bath towels and wash cloths (not hand towels) and was told they would bring those up shortly (none ever arrived). I also suggested that an apology would have been nice and received an extremely rude “I’m sorry, but I don’t know what I’m apologizing for.” REALLY? Isn’t running a “resort and beach club” a service industry where you attempt to have some sort of customer service?
Upon returning to our room, by now about 6:30 PM we noticed that the construction going on two rooms down from us was continuing – they were hanging sheetrock. BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG. At 7:00 PM my husband went down and asked the contractors how much longer they were planning to work. They told him 2 more hours. My husband said that was unacceptable and he would talk to the manager. They said “Fine, go ahead”. When my husband called the desk he was told that the contractor was “just doing their job” and was hung up on. BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG. My husband went down to the desk. He was treated very rudely by the same staff that had been so condescending to me regarding the towels and our room not having been made up. I can understand that they were in the process of upgrading the rooms to make them nicer and more modern, that’s wonderful. But what I can’t understand is that the work would continue after normal business hours when you have guests that are being inconvenienced. BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG! They eventually stopped at 8 PM.
I totally get that there can be oversights and rooms missed by the cleaning staff. I totally get that construction work needs to be done and there is never a good time when you run a business that is open 24/7. But what I don’t get is the superior attitude that it is somehow the customers fault and that we were truly inconveniencing them with our requests.
I would like to thank them for spoiling what up-to-that-point, had been a lovely vacation.

Room Tip: Very poor customer service! RUDE RUDE RUDE
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!