I was initially suspicious of this place due to the outrageously low prices quoted for the rooms. Straight to the point: I found nothing but good things during my stay here, and the low room rates are for real.
I spent 5 nights here in late October. I booked the room that is pictured on its website: King Kitchenette with gas fireplace for heat. It's a great room at a great price (less than $50 weeknights, $70s weekends. The cheaper rooms are all mixed together with the other type rooms and they looked just fine to me.
Breakfast is cheap hotel continental, but it's nice considering it's included in the budget rate. I especially appreciated the laundry room, since I was staying for nearly a week.
Close to a nice Beach, which closes in mid Fall. Also good location for strolls up to the 'happening' places.
I'd definitely stay here again, it's a great way to save money in order to afford other aspects of your vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe