Big Pines Mountain House seemed to be the best deal in order to spend a night and day in South Lake Tahoe.
We (a couple) arrived at the motel quite late at night, and the staff member was waiting for us at the check in. He politely gave us an envelope with our key for the room and map of the area.
The motel is located in a nice peaceful area, quite close to the lake. Big pine trees are surrounding motel, and it looks very atmospheric during night.
Our room was located on the ground floor with a parking space waiting for us right in front of the door. The room was quite spacious with a big bed and TV, fridge and big bathroom. However, our comfort was disturbed by the heater on the wall, which for some reason was turned on at the time when we first entered the room. As a result, the room was too warm for us, and we needed to turn it off, and put the AC in maximum coolness. Also, there was a door, which separated our room from the room next to us. We could hear everyone very clear from next door, especially their dog barking.
On the other hand, the motel provided a very satisfying breakfast in the check-in area next morning. It included: bagels, jam, honey, poridge, juices, coffee, milk, serials, yogurt.
The check out process was fast and smooth. The staff members even provided us with a free entrance ticket to the private beach near lake. They also offered us to leave our car in the motel's parking while going to the beach, because the parking there was not free.
We paid approximately $65 (including taxes) for a night.
All in all, we would definately recommend this motel, for its good price, quality and location. Just make sure your room's heating will be off during summer period.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe