If you are looking for the Ritz-Carlton, keep on trucking. This is a well located, dog friendly, family oriented older motel that is well kept. It is a low frills, basic, motel that has spacious rooms and a nice staff. Yes, the walls are thin, so keep that in mind. Top floor, corner room for you light sleepers! The staff is pleasant and helpful. The location is fabulous, behind the major casinos. Close to the gondola, lake and the state line. It is kept clean by an honest and productive cleaning staff. During winter, you will have a the lodge feel to a degree, based on the wood siding and dark green coloring. I usually stay in more upscale, expensive places, but when I come to Tahoe, I will never stay anywhere else. It does the trick and they do it well. Thanks for providing my family and pooch a wonderful place to relax and enjoy some down time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe