This motel seems generally under-rated for just how nice it is. The rooms are well-kept and large enough to use the fridge and microwave. The furnishings and design were carefully chosen, not deluxe but very nice for a cheap motel.
The staff is really nice, they were sincerely helpful with whatever I needed. And breakfast was a real treat... I've never had a motel breakfast that was healthy and not made of processed food before ever. There were sliced bagels, huge bowls of serve-yourself high quality yogurt and granola, and a jar of honey with a dipper. Plus hot real oatmeal, hot chocolate mix that wasn't chemically, and the usual coffee tea juice.
The only downside was that I heard every footstep from overhead even though they were treading lightly.
This motel was a great find for an afficionado of cheap motels!
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain House
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.