Overall I would say the hotel is good value for money; the rooms are large and clean, there is a decent breakfast, free WFI and access to the 'private beach' (which would otherwise cost $5 per person a day). It is also in a great location, within walking distance to the beach, bars and Casinos.
The only real problem was the pool was closed (there was actually no water even in it) over the Memorial weekend, which was a shame since the weather was good and most hotels in the area had their pools open to guests. Since this was one of the key amenities I was looking for when booking, I was very disappointed and would have booked somewhere else if I had known it was not open until June.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe