You can't get better than this for the money. My family and I stayed here two weeks ago for a spontaneous budget-friendly trip to the snow in South Lake Tahoe. I am very hesitant to stay in hotels/motels in this area because most look cheap and seedy and, on our last trip, my husband booked us into a budget hotel and it was DISGUSTING. Not so at Big Pines. I took it upon myself to research the hotels in the area and, based on the ratings for Big Pines, I decided to take my chances. The room was meticulously clean. I checked out the beds; the linens were spotless - not a stray hair, lint, stains --nothing. (I brought my own beddings just in case but didn't have to use them) Baseboards and floor corners were meticulous. Bathroom was also spotless--the tub was a bit worn (chipped) but it was clean. Towels were snowy white. I still wiped everything down with Clorox wipes and Lysol because I am OCD but this place was very clean. The carpet probably needs replacing soon and the walls are a bit thin so if you have noisy neighbors, you WILL hear them (our neighbors were having a vicious argument). Service is efficient at the front desk. The complimentary breakfast is not bad - bagels, oatmeal, yogurt and granola + coffee/tea/hot chocolate. It's definitely bare bones but for a clean place to rest after snowboarding/skiing, this will be our new go-to spot when we need a place to stay on the South Shore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe