My husband and I (and our 2 dogs) stayed at Big Pines recently. The location is great. We literally walked right into town. We love that they were dog friendly and it didn't cost us any extra to have our dogs with us! The room we had was very average. The bed was comfortable....but....we could hear EVERYTHING. We heard the people walking around upstairs, talking, people outside talking, radios, TV's...I felt like I was back in my college apartment. Secondly, we drove to the casino (it's walking distance, but we both wanted to avoid the cold). When we got back we drove in and out of the property for 30 minutes looking for a parking spot. Finally a man appeared and told us we could park in front of the snowbank in the back. Breakfast was so so...they had oatmeal and bagels. Nothing to write home about. Overall, we would not stay here again. We can deal with the breakfast and maybe even the parking, but we sure do need our sleep!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe