We stayed here during a ski trip to Heavenly. It is about 200 yards from the Gondola & very close to McP's pub - a great apres ski! While the facility is defenitely 'old school' - they leave nothing unthought of - no room service, but a delivery menu from "Dining Inn". Makeup towelettes. GREAT HEAT - for the cold nights. Fridge, Microwave, coffee, breakfast of oatmeal, English Muffin, or yogurt. Down side - if you get a room with a 'shared door' between rooms, the walls are paper thin - ask for a room with no shared room.
Most importantly - my husband shattered his knee on our first day there - and they took great care of us - changing our room to a floor level, overlooking check out time, etc. The hispanic staff is more than accomodating. It is not a place for amenities, but if you are looking for great location and great service - this is your place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe