Having read mixed reviews that emphasized largely the relative better price point for accommodations in the area, I was a bit concerned. However the experience was far better. First of all one cannot undervalue the location for skiing at heavenly valley village - once our car was parked we didn't have to move it again until we left as we could walk with skis and boots to the gondola, walk to restaurants, movies and casinos. The motel staff, contrary to what others have said, we're friendly, informative and business-like in a nice way. Also the continental breakfast was far better than expected with fresh made oatmeal, yogurt and granola and bagels. The room itself was standard and fine given the rate we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe