For $40 a night I wasn't expecting the world but was surprised at how poorly I was treated by the big pines mountain house staff. I was mislead that my deposit would be refunded at the time of check out. The GM was out for the day and so I dealt with the front desk girls for 6 hours. I was put on hold several times for more than 10 minutes and never received a single apology for my inconvenience. Not only that but the girls gave me attitude as if I was being offensive. You never want to go somewhere where you are kinder to the service staff than they are to you.
nonprofessional, unsympathetic with hair trimmings on the bathroom counter at arrival. this motel doesn't seem to have its $#!+ together so please don't waste your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe