Really difficult to assess this hotel as we were charged two drastically different rates for midweek and weekend. the difference was three times. That made the weekday rate very cheap and good value, but for the weekend rate it falls WAY short!
On the positive side it's easily found, central to the main drag and out the way enough to avoid much main strip late night noise, but still close and handy to get in to local eateries, shops etc. The room had a safe box, the first we encountered on this road trip, so we felt important belongings and documents were safe. The hotel promotes good green policies and supports them well. There's a cheap, efficient laundry on site, which was a nice change from wet items hanging over the shower cubicle each night! There's also a good fridge and freezer in the room.
Less attractive was the construction of the building itself, being very creaky with thin walls, and it seems that many of the lower rate rooms have interconnecting doors. Luckily the room next to us was vacant for two nights but the third made up for it! The rooms form a quadrangle around the parking area which is quite insufficient for all cars so you're best off arriving early. The breakfast was plain nasty - just doughy gunk which was quite unrecognisable to us. Finally, don't expect to find a lot of tourist info in reception. There isn't any.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain House
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.