One of the first things that stood out was the long list of DOs and DON'Ts on signs and in the paperwork... I suspect they get their share of party people who need a reminder of the rules. There's a small outdoor pool aside the parking lot (we didn't swim there though). To use the beach they give you a private beach pass (the beach is private and the passes used by many motels) and it's a fairly quick walk (5 min drive) to get there. The motel's breakfast area is small and fills up very fast on the weekend. The buffet was basic but adequate. Overall decent value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe