“Perfect for a honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars

Secrets Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   924 Park Ave., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #13 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Provo, Utah
“Perfect for a honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Tahoe Plus room on the second floor. We were there Monday-Friday and we loved it.

The location is great. It's a short walk to a nice beach (not totally private, but not crowded either) as well as shops, if that's your thing. It's just down the road from the Heavenly Gondola, and there are lots of great restaurants nearby.

Pros:
- The hot tub was deep, cozy, and filled up/drained fast. We never had a problem with the hot water, and we used it almost every day.
- Our bed was comfortable and really big. Way better than the Hilton we stayed at the night before
- WE NEVER HEARD NEIGHBORS, which was important to me, haha.
- The staff: friendly and helpful. The guy at the desk was very knowledgeable about Tahoe and even gave us good tips on where the good running trails were. We stopped in for fresh cookies almost every time we came back to the hotel.
- fireplace (even in June, we got use out of it on the cooler days)
- Nice, romantic lighting
- The glass-walled shower was fun. :)
- good-sized mini fridge and plenty of storage space in the armoire.

Cons: (not a lot)
- The room was pretty small, but we knew that when we booked it.
- The beach, as I said, turned out to not be totally private. They did check for passes, though, so it was a lot less crowded than other Tahoe beaches.
- Because the shower wall is glass, you can also see into the bathroom if you're standing at the far side of the room. Aka, no privacy on the toilet. We considered getting a cheap shower curtain for our stay.

Room Tip: The Tahoe Plus was nice. Try to get one on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Secrets. Very quiet and quaint. We were close enough to walk to restaurants and cafes, attractions and the beach. The inn provided a pass to the beach, a great CD to use which gave the history along with notable places to visit around the lake. A wonderful tour. Thanks to all the staff for your hospitality.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The room was clean and cozy. Loved the Jacuzzi tub. It is close to beach, gondola and the casinos. The freshly baked cookies in the front office add to the good experience! :) We enjoyed our stay here.

Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent 4 days in South Lake Tahoe and had a great time. Our room was very clean, cozy and romantic. GM Debbie was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. She even told us to open the door to our room if we wanted to get a nice cross breeze! :) My girlfriend and I plan on staying here every time we go to Tahoe from now on. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all of my friends.

Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had high expectations for this Inn, it been so highly rated on Tripadvisor I thought it would be awesome. Dont get me wrong its still pretty good but here are some things i did and did not like:
Pros:
1. Across the street from heavenly resort, that's where all the fun stuff is
2. Easy/ Plenty of parking

Cons:
1. The rooms are kind of small, and it feels smaller with the hot tub in the room
2. I felt, and this maybe due to out room, there was very little light and the room was always dark

Other than that the staff was super friendly, they always have fresh baked cookies at the reception + they let you use a ipad3 for free through your stay. Kinda cool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
gmsecrets, General Manager at Secrets Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your experience. I'm glad to hear the staff was super friendly, you enjoyed the cookies and the IPad 3.
We have had other comments that the rooms are a bit small and that every inch was used to its fullest potential. Secrets Inn is known for the INN-room jetted tub experience. While it does take up quite a bit of floor space it is the reason many people choose Secrets Inn over the many other lodging opportunities in the area. Indeed there are 5 room types to choose from and when you return please call the Inn directly and we will guide you to a "brighter" room type. Many people prefer the "dark and sexy" intimate experience but we do have other options to offer. Looking forward to your next visit. Debbie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We recently moved to the Reno area and were dealing with a lot of stress from the move. We took a weekend trip to Secrets Inn without kids for our anniversary. The stay was amazing! The motel was quiet, the room was very relaxing and the jacuzzi was perfect. We got the romance package added and it was a nice touch. The people at the desk were very helpful and made our stay great! We liked how the motel was close enough to several restraunts that we could walk everywhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We showed up at this motel around 2:00 PM. I walked into the lobby where the owner/manager(?) interupted the desk clerk and asked the family of 3 ahead of me to "step aside while he helps me because there is a problem with their reservation". (Very loud, very public). I check in while he is reading this couple, with their young daughter, the riot act about how you should never use a third party and only reserve through them. "There is a problem with the third party's credit card, so you guys don't have a room reserved" (repeatingly). Feeling bad for the couple and having lots of experience with online booking, I suggested to the couple, that they contact the company they booked with directly. Now he lashes out at me, "I don't think this is any business of yours". I don't think I have to explain what my reaction was.
I continue to check-in and the clerk is not sure if my room is ready. The manager, who I'm now having a real problem with, goes and checks on the room. He comes back and tells me "the room is not ready, besides check-in isn't until 3:00 anyway".
The rooms are clean. It didn't matter. I never got that bad taste out of mouth until I left. I will never return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Inn? Share your experiences!