“Romantic Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   924 Park Ave., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #13 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
“Romantic Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We recently moved to the Reno area and were dealing with a lot of stress from the move. We took a weekend trip to Secrets Inn without kids for our anniversary. The stay was amazing! The motel was quiet, the room was very relaxing and the jacuzzi was perfect. We got the romance package added and it was a nice touch. The people at the desk were very helpful and made our stay great! We liked how the motel was close enough to several restraunts that we could walk everywhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We showed up at this motel around 2:00 PM. I walked into the lobby where the owner/manager(?) interupted the desk clerk and asked the family of 3 ahead of me to "step aside while he helps me because there is a problem with their reservation". (Very loud, very public). I check in while he is reading this couple, with their young daughter, the riot act about how you should never use a third party and only reserve through them. "There is a problem with the third party's credit card, so you guys don't have a room reserved" (repeatingly). Feeling bad for the couple and having lots of experience with online booking, I suggested to the couple, that they contact the company they booked with directly. Now he lashes out at me, "I don't think this is any business of yours". I don't think I have to explain what my reaction was.
I continue to check-in and the clerk is not sure if my room is ready. The manager, who I'm now having a real problem with, goes and checks on the room. He comes back and tells me "the room is not ready, besides check-in isn't until 3:00 anyway".
The rooms are clean. It didn't matter. I never got that bad taste out of mouth until I left. I will never return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
El Dorado Hills, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Keith and Robin at Tahoe Photographic Tours (also a fabulous experiance) recommended we stay here. It was the Day after New Years so most of the smaller hotels in the area had 4 or 5 day minimum stay requirements around the holidays. We only needed 1 night. The staff was so gracious and checked with management to see if an exception could be made. Luckly there was 1 room available and they put our name on it. The room was quite a nice contrast to the outside of the hotel. From the outside it looks like the typical 1940's; 2-story walk up Tahoe Motel. Open the door to the room and walk into a different time and place. Very modern yet Tahoe Rustic. Great design and materials used to create a totally modern and very cool room. Perfect for a romantic couples getaway. Whirlpool tub for two and a shower that you can invite guest into...if you want. Flat screen and a fireplace to heat the room. All in all, a great combination of accomodations and staff that made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked a 4 day, 3 night stay for my husbands birthday during MLK weekend and this was without a doubt the most luxurious room we have ever stayed in! Better than the Marriot Grand Resort! We were in the Tahoe Plus Suite and although the inn itself may not look like anything special from the outside the rooms are truly 5 star worthy, the bed is sooo comfortable and the shower and hot tub were divine...especially after a long day of falling on the slopes!!! They have philosophy skin care products, a real coffee pot with real coffee, real cups, wine chiller and a mini-fridge. The only thing the room didn't have that I wish it did was a microwave to reheat left-overs from dining out, otherwise everything was flawless.

The staff is the friendliest I have ever encountered. They were very forthcoming on where to eat, sight see and play while in town. The office saved me about $150.00 on our snow boarding venture by telling us where to go and how to get there...Loved them!

This is also an amazingly romantic place to visit and I couldn't recommend any other place to stay while in town. We are so in love with Lake Tahoe and Secrets Inn that we are planning another trip with the kids this summer! Perhaps we will stay at Heavenly Inn. Oh yeah and Secrets Inn is for "couples only"! No kids in sight which was nice since we were taking a parental break for the weekend!

I absolutely loved this place!

Room Tip: Book the Tahoe Plus!!! Beautiful room up stairs! Everything within walking distance and ask the st...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay, and the staff was very courteous. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice couples weekend. Rooms are updated and cleaned. The jetted tub was awesome and i use it every day while there................................

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to cash in on a little weekend getaway! Even though we live in the Carson Valley I wouldn't hesitate for a second to pack a duffle bag or two and head on up the mountain to the Secrets Inn! The room was amazing, quiet, romantic, cozy, well kept, and the staff was nothing but phenomenal . Dustin was a pleasure to deal with on our Friday night check in, wonderful kid with an A+ attitude...and a sense of humor like you wouldn't believe! Thank you Dustin for all the laughs and making us feel comfortable and welcomed during our check in!! Entire staff was so accommodating! I even got 2 huge handfuls of conditioner left in the room after requesting a few more due to my very long, fine, easily tangled hair!!! You're all super there at the Secrets Inn! We WILL be back!!! FOR SURE!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Upland, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Secrets Inn is a perfect place for a romantic getaway. From the outside, it appears to look like any other hotel, but step inside the room and it is like you have your own cabin. The Inn is within walking distance of Lake Tahoe, several restaurants, ski slopes, and shopping. We stayed in the Alpine Suite. The room had a large heart shaped spa bath tub for two, an ice bucket on a stand, and a fireplace. Perfect for setting the mood. The Inn was the perfect place for my husband and I's honeymoon. Upon checking-in, the staff is very welcoming and really likes to get to know their guests. The Inn and the staff are very helpful in suggesting places to eat and things to do. In fact, included in the welcome package, was a list of the top 5 things to do in Tahoe. Those suggestions were so helpful and we took advantage of two of the suggestions and we were glad we did. They were well worth it.

Room Tip: The Alpine Suite is a perfect for a romantic getaway or honeymoon. The room is on the bottom floor s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Inn? Share your experiences!