The Americana is a perfectly fine timeshare, and the location is just plain perfect in my favorite place to vacation: Lake Tahoe!
The lack of full kitchen was the primary issue, and the rooms (with the step down to the bathroom) are only adequate. Nevertheless, the pool/spa is great, they have loaner bikes and golf clubs, and they do some "extra" things to make it fun and less expensive (free taco night was a highlight, given the fact that we couldn't really cook due to the kitchen issue).
The staff is friendly and helpful, and it seems like a great place for kids, so I would definitely recommend it for families. Being walking distance to the casinos was a plus, and free access to the beach was a HUGE bonus for a non-beachside resort to provide. Overall, a positive experience, but hardly a five star place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe is the ultimate year around playground! Every season has adventure to offer and we’d like to to make sure you have a place to crash after your adventurous day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Americana Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americana Village Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Americana Vacation Hotel
- Americana Vacation Lake Tahoe