We were due to check in at the Marriott Timber Lodge on Sunday, but I thought we could come up a day early and have no problem finding a room for the night. That was stupid! All the casinos were booked and many other hotels/motels were full as well. Harrah's kindly gave me a list of local hotels/motels and I began blind calling. The Americana Village was the fifth or sixth place I tried (some other places had vacancies if I would be willing to part with an arm and a leg). Americana Village not only had a vacancy, but they weren't going to take advantage of me financially for my stupidity/desperation. I wasn't expecting much at all ... I was thinking it would be similar to Motel 6, but was glad to just have a bed and a shower. I was more than pleasantly surprised by the beautiful room, free amenities (like bike rentals, planned activities, popcorn, and DVDs for the room), and wonderful staff. My children were excited to swim in the pool, which was clean and inviting. I was happy to sleep in a comfortable bed after a long, stressful day. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. I would stay there again and I highly recommend it for families on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe is the ultimate year around playground! Every season has adventure to offer and we’d like to to make sure you have a place to crash after your adventurous day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Americana Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americana Village Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Americana Vacation Hotel
- Americana Vacation Lake Tahoe