The 7 Seas Inn is a small motel located 2 blocks from the main attractions surrounding Heavenly Valley ski area. My room was a good size king room with a basic bathroom and a stand up shower. It was perfect for me as a single budget travelor. Kent & Carolyn are fantastic. The free breakfast is provided in the compact lobby and had lots of great options. My room was spotless every day I returned from the mountain. Although I never used it, the jacuzzi looked really cool and the social gathering place for the guests of the motel. I walked everywhere including Harvey's, Harrahs, MountBlue and the Heavenly Village & gondola. There is no "lodge" at the bottom of Heavenly and the gondola is located right on main street. I wore my longjohns under jeans and a fleece, walked to the gondola with my skis, boots and a backpack then changed at the top. There are lockers, bathrooms, bars and ski shops at the top of the gondola. The 7Seas Inn is a basic motel with no frills. It's a great way to stay in basic accomodations, yet take advantage of all the nightlife in and around South Lake tahoe. Like to dance? Go to the Cabo Wabo Club in Harvey's any night of the week.
Every 30 minutes, the Heavenly Mountain Shuttle stops right out front of the 7Seas and will bring you directly to the gondola if you don't want to walk. I think it's the "Yellow Line." The ski packages at 7Seas do not include the total price of your lift tickets. You "bank" certain funds with 7Seas and pay the difference at the end of your stay. I still only paid about $500 for 4 nights and 4 lift tickets. That was absolutely fantastic.
If you want to ski Kirkwood, there is ONLY ONE DAILY SHUTTLE available from South Lake Tahoe. The Kirkwood Shuttle leaves the major hotels around 730AM and gets back around 5PM or so. If you want to get up to Squaw Valley, call 800-238-2463 which is an outfit called Zephyr Cove cruises. On Wednesdays and Fridays, for about $100, you can catch a bus to Squaw, ski all day, and take a super cool dinner cruise the length of Lake Tahoe, at sunset, with dinner for purchase and free live music back to South Lake Tahoe. This was, by far, my favorite activity of the whole vacation!
All kinds of other shuttles leave from all the major hotels and Harvey's is the closest to The 7Seas.
The South Lake Tahoe Express bus is the BEST way to and from Reno Airport. Book early!!
- Also Known As:
- Seven Seas Inn At Tahoe Hotel
- Seven Seas Inn At Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- 7 Seas Hotel
- 7 Seas Motel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clean, Comfortable Lodging at an Affordable PriceYou will Love our Hospitality and ValueClean rooms, great location and excellent service are just some of the reasons why the members of TripAdvisor have ranked the 7 Seas Inn among the best lodging in South Lake Tahoe.The 7 Seas Inn is conveniently located within 2 blocks of the lake, Heavenly Mountain Gondola, the casinos, shopping and casual dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your 7 Seas Inn at Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.