“Doggone Good” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oakland, CA
“Doggone Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I wanted to stay in South Lake Tahoe after Thanksgiving because my friends (who have a small cabin) were going up with their family (we're all from the SF bay area), and because I had a voucher for free slot play at one of the casinos at Stateline, and, mostly, because I wanted to take my two 5-year old huskies to see the snow for the first time.

On Thanksgiving my boyfriend and I looked around online for a good place to stay in South Lake Tahoe, as my friend's cabin would be full of family (and other dogs). We came across 7 Seas Inn, and thought it looked great. While other motels/lodgings don't allow guests to leave their dogs in the room unattended or un-crated, 7 Seas has a policy that allows you to leave your dogs, as long as they behave. For those that aren't familiar with huskies, they can be loud..especially when crated. My dog Jack would not have been ok left in a crate. But after a long hike he was so tuckered out he did great in the room with his brother, Spike, unattended.

It was a relief knowing we could let them sleep and hang out with their toys in the room while my boyfriend and I had dinner with our friends.

I definitely recommend 7 Seas Inn, and I will be back!

Room Tip: Remember to look on the floor when you check out to ensure you have all of your dog bowls. I almost...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
THufler, Guest Relations Manager at 7 Seas Inn at Tahoe, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thanks for the review. We love our Four-legged friends here at 7 Seas Inn and appreciate well behaved dogs and their owners. We are glad you had a good time while visiting and hope you can come out and see us again real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Pretty much everything you've read is true. This is a really great little place. I arrived before my room was ready and got to meet the owner while waiting in a beautiful outdoor patio area. She it truly warm, welcoming and very witty. All the staff was really nice and knew the area very well. Great recommendations for places to go and things to do. 2 blocks to the casinos. About 3 blocks to the beach. You can't beat the location! I can't imagine a better place to stay in the area. All I can say is I can't wait to get back.

• Stayed July 2013
Thanks so much for your review. Our outdoor space is a terrific place to relax and rest between sightseeing or when first arriving in town. Our location makes it easy to get around and really unwind. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed one night at the 7 Seas on our way to California. It was situated in a beautiful setting in Lake Tahoe with tall trees and an abundance of flowers and green grass. The room was clean and comfortable. Everyone was very helpful in suggesting places to see, shop, and eat. We had our small dog with us and they were very pet-friendly for travelers with animals. We would recommend the 7 Seas to anyone visiting Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much. People really seem to enjoy our garden area, eating breakfast out there, or just socializing. As one of the few pet-friendly locations here, we are happy to welcome your furry family members. Come see us again soon!
Lafayette, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great place, very comfortable, clean and cozy.I came to see a concert at Harrah's for my birthday, the Inn is walking distance to the casinos, skiing and the lake.The owners/management ae very nice and attend to your needs promptly. Can't beat the price as well. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Double Queen with gas fireplace is roomy and has a great shower
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Can you stay anywhere more convenient? Walking to the casinos and restaurants, shops and beach is awesome and returning home after a long night to a warm and clean room… the perfect night. Stay here and you’ll leave with money in your pocket. Come again real soon!
Salem, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Based on the reviews here, I chose this place to stay for one night in late October. Spotless comfort and very friendly hosts. Excellent value. I would definitely choose this place again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thanks Friend! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and it’s beautiful here in October! Try us in springtime next!
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very nice and friendly place to stay any time of the year. We travelled for 1 day to see Tahoe lake and then return to San-Francisco. The hotel is easy to find. It is situated close to the beach and to the major restaurants of the city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for the review. You can really get the most out of a short stay when you stay here, close to all the action. Check in and you are off and running! We can point you to all the best places so you don’t miss a thing!
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in August for 2 nights. It’s a small but really cosy motel/hotel, it has a real personal feel to it. Each room has its own individual décor, we were in the Rose room. Nice room, fridge was very useful, nice little added touches such as make-up remover, shaving cream and old rags for any mishaps! Great location, just a few minutes walk to the beach, Heavenly Village and casinos. Nice selection of cereals, toast, bagels etc for breakfast. We sat in the patio area outside to eat our breakfast which was very pleasant. The owner was often about and she was very friendly, we shared a beer or 2 with her one evening! I hope her idea of using beer bottle tops for the new bar sign has come to life! Overall a great place to stay at a great price.

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks for your review! We enjoy our visitors and love to share our Inn. Our rooms are all a bit different, which means each time you stay here can be a unique experience. Come on back soon!

Been to 7 Seas Inn at Tahoe? Share your experiences!