arrived with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised after meeting Caroline and the warmth she radiated. The hosts care a great deal about their pets and the room was very clean, and my standards are incredibly high. I rented for four nights and really appreciated the level of cleanliness and hospitality! If you are looking for a quiet retreat to write and relax, definitely recommend coming here during the shoulder season which I've been told is right now.
1. The hosts are very easy to talk with, friendly, knowledgeable, and feel like family. 2. There is a beautiful lake with stunning views close by.
3. If you are into the casinos, both Harvey's and Harrah's are within a five minute walk.
4. Heavenly village is two blocks away with a cinema, supermarket, and decent variety of food choices.
5. Continental breakfast is light fare, but still, it's free and available until 11am!
6. There was some difficulty yanking my snow chains off and after spending a good twenty minutes unsuccessfully attempting to locate the hooks on the back of my tires, Grant took less than one minute to work his magic and free my vehicle. Awesome!
7. After we got snowed in, Grant took the machine to blow snow out of the parking lot even though my car really didn't need it. Caroline even offered me gloves and brushes to scrape the snow off my windshield.
For a solo traveler, this struck me as gold for the price. The fireplace provides the heat and the bathroom, linens, and towels look very clean.