“Great Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mark Twain Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Lake Tahoe
Mark Twain Lodge
947 Park Ave., South Lake Tahoe, CA 91650   |
Ranked #14 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Pleasant Hill, CA
“Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We booked several rooms for a family get together and had a fantastic stay. The suites are wonderful and all of the rooms were clean and updated. Loved that we could visit and prepare meals within the suites and outdoor cooking area. The pool area is also really nice. It's a great location with just a short walk to the casinos, shopping areas and beach. We had a perfect weekend and would definitely go back and highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you're there with another couple or kids, the suite is perfect as it has two bedrooms with th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Martinez, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is the only hotel I will stay at in South Lake Tahoe. The rooms are super CLEAN and are updated. The hotel is in a great location. You are walking distance to the casinos, shopping and beach. The pool is great for use in the summer time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Stylish, bordering on luxurious, open fireplace, a grade furnishings that reflect a mark twain cabin. A two minute walk to the gondola, and all stateliness has to offer, I love the place!!! The staff is courteous and efficient, the owners are terrific people, really, it leaves the surrounding places for dead. I do not consider staying anywhere else

• Stayed December 2012
Folsom, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stumbled upon the mark twain during one of my trips to Tahoe when the courtyard misplaced my reservation, fortunately for me the management at the Mark Twain provided me with a room, and what a surprise the room was huge and well decorated the bathrooms were especially great(large tub and separate shower) I don't need to look any more on my trips to Tahoe the mark Twain has every comfort that I look for and a great location next to the casinos,

Thanks Mark Twain
Scott R
Folsom ,Ca

Room Tip: Every room which I stayed in was great, the big rooms fit my family of 4 kids with room to spare ,an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pleasant Hill, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I've been to the Mark Twain numerous times and for many holiday weekends. I've never been disappointed. The rooms are fully remodeled with great suites on the top floor for families. I've stayed on multiple trips here for a week in the suites and it always feels like home. The location can't be beat and the price is fair.

Room Tip: The suites sleep multiple couples or family. Full kitchen and dining rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Joaquin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Mark Twain motel about four or five times and have never been disappointed. My husband and I discovered this little gem about four years ago. I recently took my daughter for a mother-daughter weekend. she was very impressed. The rooms are always clean, the towels clean fresh and thick, and bed linens clean and bed comfortable, we enjoy the kitchenette, fireplace, and I really like the bathroom décor. The outside is keep clean and maintained by Cindy and her husband, both of whom are very nice and helpful. The pool is always clean and warm. No problems with parking, we’ve never felt unsafe and its a short walk to the casinos as well as the beach. We will go back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

You wont be Disappointed!! The Mark Twain is Amazing! The Decorator for these Rooms should win an award. Simple Elegance with All the Comforts of Home! The location is perfect for access to the Lake, Mountain Activities, Casino's, Restaurants. I felt very safe walking around day and night. The swimming pool was perfect, the staff is extremely helpful, the rooms are very clean. This place has it all. Looking forward to my next visit to Lake Tahoe and we will definitely be booking our stay at Mark Twain Lodge. Maybe the next time I can book one of their incredible suites!

Room Tip: Personally I don't think there is a bad location within the property. The suites are on the upp...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Mark Twain Lodge? Share your experiences!