“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mark Twain Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Lake Tahoe
Mark Twain Lodge
947 Park Ave., South Lake Tahoe, CA 91650   |
Ranked #14 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Pleasant Hill, California, United States
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I've been to the Mark Twain numerous times and for many holiday weekends. I've never been disappointed. The rooms are fully remodeled with great suites on the top floor for families. I've stayed on multiple trips here for a week in the suites and it always feels like home. The location can't be beat and the price is fair.

Room Tip: The suites sleep multiple couples or family. Full kitchen and dining rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Joaquin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Mark Twain motel about four or five times and have never been disappointed. My husband and I discovered this little gem about four years ago. I recently took my daughter for a mother-daughter weekend. she was very impressed. The rooms are always clean, the towels clean fresh and thick, and bed linens clean and bed comfortable, we enjoy the kitchenette, fireplace, and I really like the bathroom décor. The outside is keep clean and maintained by Cindy and her husband, both of whom are very nice and helpful. The pool is always clean and warm. No problems with parking, we’ve never felt unsafe and its a short walk to the casinos as well as the beach. We will go back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

You wont be Disappointed!! The Mark Twain is Amazing! The Decorator for these Rooms should win an award. Simple Elegance with All the Comforts of Home! The location is perfect for access to the Lake, Mountain Activities, Casino's, Restaurants. I felt very safe walking around day and night. The swimming pool was perfect, the staff is extremely helpful, the rooms are very clean. This place has it all. Looking forward to my next visit to Lake Tahoe and we will definitely be booking our stay at Mark Twain Lodge. Maybe the next time I can book one of their incredible suites!

Room Tip: Personally I don't think there is a bad location within the property. The suites are on the upp...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Over the years I have stayed at several different motels, hotels & lodges in So. Lake Tahoe, but have never found anything like the Mark Twain Lodge. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, lots of amenities, friendly & helpful managers and to top it all off, it's "pet friendly" for those of us who just can't stand to leave Fido at home alone! Anyone who is looking for good price to value just has to give The Mark Twain Lodge a try - you'll never go anywhere else!

Room Tip: All of the rooms, upstairs & down, that I have stayed in are good, but the suites are the best...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a great place! It looks very modest on the outside but you would not believe what you see once you are in your room (or better even in one of the suits upstairs)! Nicely remodeled and decorated, with a fireplace and a kitchenette with granite countertops. Very nice bathroom with slate and modern shower. Everything is very clean, comfortable beds. It felt like home away from home. Sandy, the lodge keeper, is very hospitable and knowledgeable about the area, she made us feel very welcome. I found this place by accident and I highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sierra City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay for the weekend of July 19 for a concert, my friend had a room booked at $250 a night!! I was in Tahoe 6 weeks before the concert so I took the time to look for an affordable place to call home for the weekend, we looked at several motels along park avenue but all were dives mostly until I came to Mark Twain Motel. As stated below the front is not much but wow when you get in the rooms they are so nice and clean!! Cindy and Mike the managers go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and memorable. We wish we could have stayed longer, next time and every time we go to Tahoe we will be staying at the Mark Twain Motel not just for the rooms and accommodations but for the hospitality of the managers Mike and Cindy, way to go! We'll be back but not soon enough!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
San Lorenzo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have stayed here several times in the last year and have been very happy with each stay. The property has been completely remodeled. The rooms are beautiful inside with crown molding and granite. It's very clean as well, which is very important to me. Love the location, it's within walking distance from heavenly village, casinos at stateline and a beach. Great value for your money. I stayed in the standard room with 2 full beds but I took a tour of the suites and they are amazing. So going to stay in one of those soon. The regular room has a microwave and small fridge which comes in handy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mark Twain Lodge? Share your experiences!