“We love this place!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
West Sacramento, California
“We love this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

So since I used tripadvisor to book my stay at Basecamp it made sense for me to do a review about this charming place. My husband and I went for my birthday weekend just for a night...I wish we could have stayed a couple more. I'm not sure exactly why (I think there may have been an issue with the dates for the room) but we got an upgrade to the Penthouse for no additional cost. =) The customer service was amazing, the whole vibe of the place was charming and comfortable. Plus, the bed was super comfy...the room was exceptionally clean...the shower stayed hot forever and we loved the location. It was a very nice change to stay there than at a casino or other hotel. This will for sure be the place we stay anytime we're in Tahoe.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I love that the little hotels on the strip are starting to step it up a notch rather than die out. I was looking for a charming place with some personality for a night in Tahoe. Basecamp fit the bill. They had clean cute rooms, a warm inviting lobby and enough to do that you don't even want to cross the street and go to Harvey's casino next door. We enjoyed the little bar in the lobby watched the Giants game on the big couch and met new people. They also had a fire pit and smores on the deck as well as a hot tub and bikes you could take out to ride around town. All for about $30.00 cheaper than the Marriot, Embassy Suites and Casino hotels in the area. The hotel also seemed to be full on like minded people looking for a similar experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I was really pleased to come across Basecamp hotel on my most recent trip to the lake. The front desk staff were all very accommodating and helpful. I was able to meet the new general manager of the property and he was able to walk me around the grounds and show me some of the different rooms. It was nice to find out that they are focusing their attention to the outdoor enthusiasts. The place is walking to distance to some top notch casinos. Which is nice to be so close to them, but not exactly having to stay in the casino's hotel. The beds are extremely comfortable by the way! Which was definitely the icing on the cake. I absolutely feel like I had gotten good value for my dollar staying here. I will most definitely return to Basecamp Tahoe!

• Stayed October 2012
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Simple but comfortable with good, rustic design. Great location, walking distance to heavenly village and casinos, easy drive to great hikes, and scenic emerald cove. Front desk staff was great, friendly, great recommendations on what to do in the area. You can tell they love Lake Tahoe and they want visitors to enjoy. The only thing we would have liked is a fridge in the room. Overall great value.

Room Tip: Don't spend extra for the fireplace, rooms are warm, we didn't really use it in spite of col...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We absolutely LOVED the vibe of this place! The lobby was warm and inviting and the staff was friendly and accommodating! The room we stayed in had two double beds and a fireplace. I would agree with one reviewer that said the amenities were a little on the skimpy side, so if you were traveling with another couple you would definitely need more towels. It was nothing a quick walk or phone call to the front desk couldn't fix though. We really loved their version of an ice bucket too, pretty cool! It was a quick walk to the casinos too. The only thing that kept me from giving it 5 stars was our fireplace. We could never get it to work - even after we had one of their employees come up and try to help us. When you pay extra for a fireplace, you just want it to be easy to turn on/off - with this one you had to remove the bottom, click ignite, wait for it to "warm up" - but it just didn't. Also, we stayed right across the way from the firepit and hot tub and that gate can get noisy with people going in and out. But the SMORES were yummy so we appreciated that!! We would definitely come back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I booked our room off a living social deal and the reviews from fellow trip advisor members. I am so glad I did. Best of all the staff was so pleasant and accommodating. Next is the location was perfect for the strip. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. I understand they recently opened and I wish them much success. I will recommend them highly and look forward to booking with them again.

• Stayed October 2012
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at Basecamp one night after reading all the great reviews. We enjoyed the stay, but think a few things need improvement.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, the decor was unique and attractive, and the theme they create was refreshing. The rooms and beds were comfortable, and there was wifi, flat screen tv and phone. BUT - there was some road noise, and amenities were skimpy. There were only two paper cups which had the logo printed in water soluble ink (a mess), and the toilet paper was as low quality as you could get. Also, the continental breakfast provided was very limited - OJ, bagels, instant oatmeal, granola, and pastry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Basecamp Hotel? Share your experiences!