“Charming accommodations centrally located in downtown south lake Tahoe.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Basecamp Hotel

You added Basecamp Hotel to your Saves list
Basecamp Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4143 Cedar Avenue, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #5 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
“Charming accommodations centrally located in downtown south lake Tahoe.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I was really pleased to come across Basecamp hotel on my most recent trip to the lake. The front desk staff were all very accommodating and helpful. I was able to meet the new general manager of the property and he was able to walk me around the grounds and show me some of the different rooms. It was nice to find out that they are focusing their attention to the outdoor enthusiasts. The place is walking to distance to some top notch casinos. Which is nice to be so close to them, but not exactly having to stay in the casino's hotel. The beds are extremely comfortable by the way! Which was definitely the icing on the cake. I absolutely feel like I had gotten good value for my dollar staying here. I will most definitely return to Basecamp Tahoe!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Simple but comfortable with good, rustic design. Great location, walking distance to heavenly village and casinos, easy drive to great hikes, and scenic emerald cove. Front desk staff was great, friendly, great recommendations on what to do in the area. You can tell they love Lake Tahoe and they want visitors to enjoy. The only thing we would have liked is a fridge in the room. Overall great value.

Room Tip: Don't spend extra for the fireplace, rooms are warm, we didn't really use it in spite of col...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We absolutely LOVED the vibe of this place! The lobby was warm and inviting and the staff was friendly and accommodating! The room we stayed in had two double beds and a fireplace. I would agree with one reviewer that said the amenities were a little on the skimpy side, so if you were traveling with another couple you would definitely need more towels. It was nothing a quick walk or phone call to the front desk couldn't fix though. We really loved their version of an ice bucket too, pretty cool! It was a quick walk to the casinos too. The only thing that kept me from giving it 5 stars was our fireplace. We could never get it to work - even after we had one of their employees come up and try to help us. When you pay extra for a fireplace, you just want it to be easy to turn on/off - with this one you had to remove the bottom, click ignite, wait for it to "warm up" - but it just didn't. Also, we stayed right across the way from the firepit and hot tub and that gate can get noisy with people going in and out. But the SMORES were yummy so we appreciated that!! We would definitely come back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I booked our room off a living social deal and the reviews from fellow trip advisor members. I am so glad I did. Best of all the staff was so pleasant and accommodating. Next is the location was perfect for the strip. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. I understand they recently opened and I wish them much success. I will recommend them highly and look forward to booking with them again.

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at Basecamp one night after reading all the great reviews. We enjoyed the stay, but think a few things need improvement.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, the decor was unique and attractive, and the theme they create was refreshing. The rooms and beds were comfortable, and there was wifi, flat screen tv and phone. BUT - there was some road noise, and amenities were skimpy. There were only two paper cups which had the logo printed in water soluble ink (a mess), and the toilet paper was as low quality as you could get. Also, the continental breakfast provided was very limited - OJ, bagels, instant oatmeal, granola, and pastry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

This place blew my expectations away. It is set up like many of the non-chain hotels in Tahoe in the motel/lodge form. The decor is fantastic, everything is rustic modern and so much thought was put into the smallest details. Its truly impressive. They have this whole "get lost" and "wander" theme encouraging people to explore the beauty of Tahoe- even though the hotel is right off the main drag. The office lodge area makes for a great place to hang out at night and plan the coming day- and they serve beer and wine which was a huge plus if you don't feel like going to a crowded bar. The employees were so friendly and welcoming you almost hate to leave. I wish I could have stayed longer here. I will be staying here from now on every time I go to Tahoe.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Was traveling through to Arizona when I came across this brand new and amazing 50-room place tucked into the Cal-Nev border. As a world traveler I have not often stumbled upon such a pleasurable find and can not say enough about the bespoke-to-the-location experience I had. Wow-Wee-Woo-Woo!

Everything from the room design to the s'mores by the fire at night seemed tailor-made for the location in which this hotel sits. On top of these attributes were the little touches like....granola in serving sized brown bag, hair-dryers that simultaneously massaged and dried my head, a wonderful coffee bar that turns into a beer bar out night, a hot tub with very clean water, as well as the most comfortable mattress I have slept own since childhood.

Then there was the service....the lads who checked me in knew soo much about the area that my two day stay was never boring. For example, they were kind enough to direct me to a nearby park and hiking trail where I saw salmon mating, bears climbing, and moles moling. Also, one of the managers I met (Christian Stroopel?) was generous with his time and smile as he showed us how to use the property's very comfortable cruiser-style bikes to get around town and down to his restaurant on the beach of Lake Tahoe.

Not much more I can say expect that after I left I felt like I had lived as a local at this Base Camp Hotel. I hope to find more soon!

Ride Da Wave!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Basecamp Hotel? Share your experiences!