Don't expect TV's, air-conditioning, telephones or WIFI. There are however a wide array of recreational activities and lodging options including: cabins, an historic hotel, marina/beach duplex, beach side inn, RV park and campgrounds. Also, lakeside dining, a general store as well as an ice-cream parlor. The Mountain Sports Center offers rental as well as hiking maps. My traveling companion and I had the Buick cabin with two bedrooms, each with a double & single bed. There was a pull-out couch in the living room and a full kitchen. The one bathroom had a rather small shower. Outside each cabin there is a grill which all our neighboring cabins seemed to utilize.
On the plus side we were steps from Lake Tahoe and only 50 feet from the back entrance to the historic Valhalla site. The narrow road from the hotel to all the cabins is only wide enough for one car. Luckily, we never had a problem getting to and from our cabin. If you are there with a family or need to relax, this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic year-round resort secluded in old-growth forest on 125 acres adjacent to Lake Tahoe's longest stretch of sandy beach, features 26 hotel rooms, 7 motel rooms, 43 cabins (19 year-round), the 7-bedroom Richardson House, 100 RV sites and 200 tent campsites. Property amenities include a General Store & Cafe, the Beacon Bar & Grill lakeside restaurant, Mountain Sports Center (bicycling in summer, X-C skiing & snowshoeing in winter), as well as seasonal full-service Marina, Ice Cream Parlor and Coffee & Confectionery shop. Horseback riding is available 0.2 miles north. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Camp Richardson Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camp Richardson Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Camp Richardson Lake Tahoe