We were not staying at this property but wanted to check it out for maybe a future place to stay next trip. We walked the grounds and beach. It was crowded for a Monday. We didn't find the atmosphere relaxing at all. We waited about 30 minutes to get a table in the restaurant. Ate outside at a front table on the deck. The food and service were average. The lobster and shrimp in my Po-Boy sandwich were overly deep fried. My husband enjoyed his Philly cheesesteak much more. Two people started playing volleyball on the beach 4 feet in front of our table while we were eating which was more than a little annoying. Vote still out on whether we will return to this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic year-round resort secluded in old-growth forest on 125 acres adjacent to Lake Tahoe's longest stretch of sandy beach, features 26 hotel rooms, 7 motel rooms, 43 cabins (19 year-round), the 7-bedroom Richardson House, 100 RV sites and 200 tent campsites. Property amenities include a General Store & Cafe, the Beacon Bar & Grill lakeside restaurant, Mountain Sports Center (bicycling in summer, X-C skiing & snowshoeing in winter), as well as seasonal full-service Marina, Ice Cream Parlor and Coffee & Confectionery shop. Horseback riding is available 0.2 miles north. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Camp Richardson Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camp Richardson Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Camp Richardson Lake Tahoe