It's our anniversary and we had planned to spend it at Camp Richardson, where we had spent numerous vacations over the years. I had called ahead, asked for a quiet room, said it was a Special occasion. We arrived to a large family reunion that had rooms all around us. They had most of the lounge area that evening, but we really understood, and just wished the hotel employee had told us and we would have booked elsewhere. Then, the next day a bicycle club arrived and instead of having the affair (barbecue and band!!) in the courtyard below our room (which would also have been bad) the staff of Hotel Richardson moved the hundred plus group & band into the lounge. Since there was standing room only, we now had no use of the lounge, a loud band, and people running up & down steps every few seconds. We are presently talking to the night manager but thus far he won't relocate us to a cabin. I don't think well be back. Sad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic year-round resort secluded in old-growth forest on 125 acres adjacent to Lake Tahoe's longest stretch of sandy beach, features 26 hotel rooms, 7 motel rooms, 43 cabins (19 year-round), the 7-bedroom Richardson House, 100 RV sites and 200 tent campsites. Property amenities include a General Store & Cafe, the Beacon Bar & Grill lakeside restaurant, Mountain Sports Center (bicycling in summer, X-C skiing & snowshoeing in winter), as well as seasonal full-service Marina, Ice Cream Parlor and Coffee & Confectionery shop. Horseback riding is available 0.2 miles north. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Camp Richardson Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camp Richardson Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Camp Richardson Lake Tahoe