Went in May. Not cold anymore and definitely not warm yet. Stayed in a cabin for two nights. I've camped there before and I didn't want to feel squished together with other campers. Camp sites werent open yet anyway.
I had a two bedroom, which would have been interesting with 4+ people. The main room had a full size bed. It had been a while since i've slept in a full. Its overflowing, not full. Pretty comfy though. THese cabins are very basic and that works for me. The view of the lake from the windows remind me why I didnt stay in a hotel. If you go during the off season youll save some $$.
That said, there wasn't a whole lot to do. Water was very cold and the weathe isnt warm enough to hang out on the beach. No snow. I should probably learn some trails.
I love Tahoe in summer. CR is a great spot for it.
When we got bored, we went to the typical places, casino's shops etc. Groceries were not far away.
Front desk folks are nice. Not much interaction otherwise.
I'm rambling. Had a good time. Peace!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic year-round resort secluded in old-growth forest on 125 acres adjacent to Lake Tahoe's longest stretch of sandy beach, features 26 hotel rooms, 7 motel rooms, 43 cabins (19 year-round), the 7-bedroom Richardson House, 100 RV sites and 200 tent campsites. Property amenities include a General Store & Cafe, the Beacon Bar & Grill lakeside restaurant, Mountain Sports Center (bicycling in summer, X-C skiing & snowshoeing in winter), as well as seasonal full-service Marina, Ice Cream Parlor and Coffee & Confectionery shop. Horseback riding is available 0.2 miles north. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Camp Richardson Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camp Richardson Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Camp Richardson Lake Tahoe