I was looking for a cabin that was not too expensive for some solitude for a few days, actually had been looking for just this place on 2 different month long road trips. I finally found it at camp Richardson. I know it's a different story during high season but right now, it's perfect.
My cabin has a separate bedroom with a nice living/kitchen/dining area. And a view of Lake Tahoe just a short walk away. The cabin was spotless, full size fridge and stove/oven. And a little gas wood stove for heating. Sitting out at my picnic table the sweet smell of pines and the breeze swishing thru the trees, made this one of the most relaxing places I've been. Now it's time to take my chair down to the empty beach and sit in the sun. Perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic year-round resort secluded in old-growth forest on 125 acres adjacent to Lake Tahoe's longest stretch of sandy beach, features 26 hotel rooms, 7 motel rooms, 43 cabins (19 year-round), the 7-bedroom Richardson House, 100 RV sites and 200 tent campsites. Property amenities include a General Store & Cafe, the Beacon Bar & Grill lakeside restaurant, Mountain Sports Center (bicycling in summer, X-C skiing & snowshoeing in winter), as well as seasonal full-service Marina, Ice Cream Parlor and Coffee & Confectionery shop. Horseback riding is available 0.2 miles north. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Camp Richardson Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camp Richardson Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Camp Richardson Lake Tahoe