My husband and I stayed for 2 nights and we had a blast. Octoberfest and the Salmon Festival was within walking distance. The staff there were friendly and informative. The campsites were very clean. The bathrooms when we first arrived were very clean but as the weekend went on they seemed to get more "campground bathroom" status. But was doable. We slept in our car because I was affraid of the bears, but we didn't see any or hear any. We kept all our stuff in the bear locker and didn't have any problems. Next time we will sleep in the tent. They have a fence around the campground, and even though that won't stop a hungry bear, it made me feel alittle better. We had site # 360 in the Badgers Den area. This sand #361 would be perfect for large group. You can fit 5 big tents easily. Only room for 1 car at each site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic year-round resort secluded in old-growth forest on 125 acres adjacent to Lake Tahoe's longest stretch of sandy beach, features 26 hotel rooms, 7 motel rooms, 43 cabins (19 year-round), the 7-bedroom Richardson House, 100 RV sites and 200 tent campsites. Property amenities include a General Store & Cafe, the Beacon Bar & Grill lakeside restaurant, Mountain Sports Center (bicycling in summer, X-C skiing & snowshoeing in winter), as well as seasonal full-service Marina, Ice Cream Parlor and Coffee & Confectionery shop. Horseback riding is available 0.2 miles north. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Camp Richardson Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camp Richardson Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Camp Richardson Lake Tahoe