For a 60th birthday celebration, we reserved 1 RV site and 2 adjacent campsites in the Eagle's Nest area of the campground. You can't beat the location of this resort/campground and the easy access to the lake, bicycle rentals, hiking trails, ice cream parlor, restaurants, etc. However, the campground facilities are less than desirable and the campground is poorly (marginally?) managed.
Specific complaints include: 1) no water spigots at or near campsites so you must go to the bathroom to get water, 2) no facilities for washing dishes (agreed that campers shouldn't wash dishes in the bathroom sinks but there needs to be a place to wash them), 3) no signage on roads with campsite numbers, making it difficult to find your campsite originally and nearly impossible to find your site if you come back after dark by car, 4) virtually no oversight of the campground by management and no enforcement of the rules (one "two tent maximum" campsite was occupied by five families who played music until 5 in the morning, despite quiet hours being posted as 10 PM), 5) requirement to save gray water (good idea) but no area accessible to dump it (nothing at the campsite and the RV dump station was locked), and 6) too few bathrooms/showers to serve the number of campsites.
All in all, we had a good time (partly because the campsite was only about 15% full since most schools were back in session), but we won't be returning to this campground.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic year-round resort secluded in old-growth forest on 125 acres adjacent to Lake Tahoe's longest stretch of sandy beach, features 26 hotel rooms, 7 motel rooms, 43 cabins (19 year-round), the 7-bedroom Richardson House, 100 RV sites and 200 tent campsites. Property amenities include a General Store & Cafe, the Beacon Bar & Grill lakeside restaurant, Mountain Sports Center (bicycling in summer, X-C skiing & snowshoeing in winter), as well as seasonal full-service Marina, Ice Cream Parlor and Coffee & Confectionery shop. Horseback riding is available 0.2 miles north. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Camp Richardson Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camp Richardson Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Camp Richardson Lake Tahoe