I have been camping at Camp Richardson for over 40 years and I have to tell you it gets worse and worse each year. Camp Richardson does live up to the rules it has posted when you drive in.
Years back camping meant a peaceful time in the forest. Now it is a zoo. Quiet hours are posted and ten o'clock p.m. is when the campground should quiet down. Well, that is just when the party is starting. The music is so loud and it is like this generation does not get that you go there to enjoy yourself, but they make it miserable for so many families with children. They overbook the campground so that you are standing in line to use the bathrooms. The new bathrooms on the Eagles Nest side are not great. The showers are terrible. Very little water comes out. I love the resort as a whole, but the management is poor for the campgrounds. People come in with their dogs and they give them a slap on the wrist instead of kicking the owners out of the campground.
It's posted "absolutely no dogs" and yet they do nothing about it. I feel it is all about the money.
So disappointed with the management of this place. Another thing I don't like is when I stayed in the hotel they allow people to bring their dogs and sleep in the rooms. I have a dog and I never bring him into a hotel room. I questioned the management about this and I told them dogs can leave ticks in the room. I find this absolutely disgusting. Too much partying going on in these campgrounds and they need to put their foot down and stop it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic year-round resort secluded in old-growth forest on 125 acres adjacent to Lake Tahoe's longest stretch of sandy beach, features 26 hotel rooms, 7 motel rooms, 43 cabins (19 year-round), the 7-bedroom Richardson House, 100 RV sites and 200 tent campsites. Property amenities include a General Store & Cafe, the Beacon Bar & Grill lakeside restaurant, Mountain Sports Center (bicycling in summer, X-C skiing & snowshoeing in winter), as well as seasonal full-service Marina, Ice Cream Parlor and Coffee & Confectionery shop. Horseback riding is available 0.2 miles north. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Camp Richardson Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camp Richardson Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Camp Richardson Lake Tahoe