“Great Service/Great Rooms!” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3892 Lake Tahoe Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Reno
“Great Service/Great Rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'm a week late on my review but a friend of mine and I spent 2 nights - one night in the big king size in-room spa which was awesome - the bed was very comfy! The only complaint I had was the wi-fi was too slow and I wasn't able to use my laptop much...2nd night we stayed in a cheaper room which was also very nice and clean... my only complaint was that the tub filled up when taking a shower which was uncomfortable...the husband/wife team were very nice and we did take advantage of free muffiins/orange juice/coffee...if you're extremely picky - this might not be for you but otherwise my friend and I had a great stay here and would recommend to anyone...

Room Tip: The in-room spas are perfect for couples!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Elk Grove, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Customer service was terrible. Restroom was dirty, bedsheets were dirty with stains and burned with cigarretes. They overcharge customers I will not recommend anyone going there. ....................................................................................

• Stayed January 2013
Oakley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I first read the reviews here before staying at the Vagabond Inn Lake Tahoe and we thought we would give them the benefit of the doubt because we thought we got a good deal. Next time, I'll spend the money elsewhere.

We stayed in the king room with fireplace and in-room large spa tub. The only thing we liked was the spa tub and fireplace. The bed was hard. The a.c. outlet next to the nightstand for the alarm clock wouldn't keep my phone charger plugged into it. My charger would just fall back out (maybe that was why the alarm clock was unplugged). The TV was supposed to include HBO (according to their website), which we couldn't find. A lot of the TV channels seem to have poor reception. The shower itself was small and smelled of mold. Also, the shower had a shower curtain rod and rings to hang a shower curtian, but no shower curtain! So the floor and some of the toilet, which was next to the shower, would get wet. Don't forget to ask for extra towels for this area! The soaps are the smallest I have ever seen. I didn't know they can make them that small. There was a tree that seemed to brush against the exterior wall as the wind blew and you can hear this all night. It wasn't not loud, mostly an annoyance. The room was cold so I tried turning on the the room AC/heater, but it never got warm, it just blew cold air so forget that. The fireplace did have a thermostat on it so we just left it on and that worked. The room looks run down.

When we left I told the manager about the tree noise. And when I mentioned the missing shower curtain he looked confused as though he didn't know why I mentioned it or ???. I also mentioned a urine stain on the floor next to the toilet (which we didn't leave) he said that they would take care of it. Their maids should have already taken care of it!! This motel is nasty and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone! Couples, family or friends, anyone!!! For the money, I would look at other motels. If this is how Vagabond Inn motels are, I would never stay at another one again.

Room Tip: Close to stateline.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sonora
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We just stayed here for one night. The place was filthy. There were bottle caps & stuff still under the bed. The ceiling in the bathroom had a huge hole that was breaking loose. The cuurtains were torn and dirty. It smlled like animal urine. The carpet had a sticky feel to it. The air conditioner did not work well. The towels did not seem to be very clean.The bed spreads were dirty too.Most of the hotels were booked for the Sugarland concert, we have stayed at Vagabonds before.. but this was terrible. We should have used the money for sleeping bags and slept in the campground.

Room Tip: Don't settle for anything. Just because there are concerts etc.going on.. don't assume that...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Laytonville, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days over the New years holiday. We booked our room through booking.com, and had originally just booked a king size room, but upon arrival we realized that the hotel was in need of some TLC, no water in pool or hot tub, although it is winter time...and decided to ask for an upgrade. We were able to upgrade to the spa room for an additional $80 total, and we felt that we got a great deal, given the holiday weekend. The room was clean, and being on the end made it pretty quiet, even in the middle of new year's eve when everyone was loud, we could only barely hear anything.Traffic noise is no worse than at any other hotel located on the main Blvd. The hot tub worked great, filled in a reasonable amount of time, and the jets worked well. The TV is on a swivel, but it doesn't really move very far, so My husband just moved the entire entertainment center when we used the hot tub. There was several little niceties in the room, bandages, breathe right strips, shampoo, body wash, axe hair jel, toothpaste, great if you forgot something. I only went to get the free breakfast once, and it was after 11am, but there was still coffee and granola bars available. All in all, we had a great experience, and we feel like we got a good value for the holiday weekend. The staff in the office was very nice, and helpful. With a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, we were not bothered at all, the housekeeping staff was happy to give me towels and toiletries, when I asked for them.

Room Tip: corner rooms seem quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Chico, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. We reserved a non-smoking room that smelled like smoke. Lucky for us the manager on duty sprayed some air freshness to take care of the smell (sense the sarcasm).

Pretty much everything in the room was in dis-repair from the beds, to the TV and beyond. I honestly don't know what to say about the bathroom. State campground bathrooms far exceed the quality and cleanliness of this hotel.

If every other hotel/motel in the Lake Tahoe area is full, and you have a tent or a car, stay in one of those. Otherwise, drive back home.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Stockton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Our room had a view of the snowy mountain. The location is quite walkable to the stateline highway where Harrah's and Harvey's are location. We had a nice overnight stay in this hotel. i was just somewhat bothered by the sink placed outside the main bathroom. The rooms were clean although a bit old. There was a pool (probably heated because we did not try it). The main hotel area is elevated compared with the neigboring establishments and I liked it. It was also the probably the reason why we could view the snowy mountain from our room. Amazing! There was supposed to be a complimentary continental breakfast included but don't be fooled as it will just be a muffin and a coffee, quite a false bonus in the hotel booking.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Vagabond Inn South Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!