I first read the reviews here before staying at the Vagabond Inn Lake Tahoe and we thought we would give them the benefit of the doubt because we thought we got a good deal. Next time, I'll spend the money elsewhere.
We stayed in the king room with fireplace and in-room large spa tub. The only thing we liked was the spa tub and fireplace. The bed was hard. The a.c. outlet next to the nightstand for the alarm clock wouldn't keep my phone charger plugged into it. My charger would just fall back out (maybe that was why the alarm clock was unplugged). The TV was supposed to include HBO (according to their website), which we couldn't find. A lot of the TV channels seem to have poor reception. The shower itself was small and smelled of mold. Also, the shower had a shower curtain rod and rings to hang a shower curtian, but no shower curtain! So the floor and some of the toilet, which was next to the shower, would get wet. Don't forget to ask for extra towels for this area! The soaps are the smallest I have ever seen. I didn't know they can make them that small. There was a tree that seemed to brush against the exterior wall as the wind blew and you can hear this all night. It wasn't not loud, mostly an annoyance. The room was cold so I tried turning on the the room AC/heater, but it never got warm, it just blew cold air so forget that. The fireplace did have a thermostat on it so we just left it on and that worked. The room looks run down.
When we left I told the manager about the tree noise. And when I mentioned the missing shower curtain he looked confused as though he didn't know why I mentioned it or ???. I also mentioned a urine stain on the floor next to the toilet (which we didn't leave) he said that they would take care of it. Their maids should have already taken care of it!! This motel is nasty and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone! Couples, family or friends, anyone!!! For the money, I would look at other motels. If this is how Vagabond Inn motels are, I would never stay at another one again.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Inn South Lake Tahoe Hotel
- Vagabond Inn South Lake Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vagabond Inn in South Lake Tahoe is located in a picturesque area of California in Lake Tahoe, just a few minutes from the MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa, Lake Tahoe Beaches, Lakeside Marina, and Heavenly Ski Resort. Adventure awaits, exploring all this great area has to offer. The opportunities are endless, from hiking, biking and skiing, to fishing, swimming and sailing the clear blue waters, Lake Tahoe is truly America's playground. When you stay with us in South Lake Tahoe, you can unwind in one of our rooms with a jacuzzi tub, watch cable TV with HBO and enjoy free high-speed WiFi. Vagabond Inn promises to serve you with our own brand of Western hospitality. Great Value, Friendly People - it's how we do things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Vagabond Inn South Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.