“Not bad, with one big problem...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe

You added Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe to your Saves list
Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3600 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Super 8 Lake Tahoe / South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #58 of 71 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Jose
“Not bad, with one big problem...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We came up to Tahoe for an event, and wanted to be within about two blocks of this location. Super 8 had last-minute availability, offered a basic breakfast in the price, and it was easy to make the reservation. They handled our late arrival well.

The room was very basic, which is to be expected. One light didn't work, and some electrical outlets were also non-functional. The desk chairs provided were very uncomfortable. You couldn't read any text displayed on the TV (game scores, etc). We were upstairs, and almost every inch of the floor squeaked when you walked on it.

Basically, a typical experience at a low-price motel.

The reason for writing this review is the condition of the beds. It was like sleeping on a sack of potatoes. I never woke feeling rested, and would even dread going to sleep. If they would fix this problem, I would be a return guest with no hesitation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fremont, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place is a dump. I very rarely speak negatively of anything - but this place needs to shut down and go through a complete renovation. If you opt not to get room service at 8:00 am - your room never gets done (even though we were out by 9:00 am - was told depending on your room number apparently housekeeping made their rounds at 8:05 and will not come back until next day). So you cannot take a shower in case you miss the service or opt to sleep in for a little longer on your vacation - which in any case you cannot because walls are so thin, you wake up by 7:00 am - you want to or not. Pillows/towels were dirty - did not look like they were changed after the last guest left. Breakfast is tasteless and packaged stuff with only 2-3 options and even on weekends you have be done with breakfast by 9:00 am. None of us even bothered to look at it the second day. Bathroom is shabby and very small. No bath tub - Even cruise showers are bigger than this. You keep banging your elbows while showering and I am a petite person. Drawers open after struggling several minutes every time. Cupboard doors do not close properly, hangs loose. Outlets are also so old that anything you plug in keeps falling off and you have to lean something against them to keep them in. Lights are a bare minimum. Paid $140 per night for this place...... total rip off.... Very unsafe, porches are all connected seamlessly and anyone can climb over and get into your room, if you forget to lock your porch door, or want to get fresh air while you sleep in or air out the room. I travel moderately and have never been so disgusted with any place. Not even worth paying $35 per night.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel until it is renovated
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Citrus Heights, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay there for July 3-4 close to the beach, one mile from state line, and Mo's Sports Bar and Grill is the place for good booze and good food and friendly bartenders. Close to the South Lake Bus stops right on Highway 5o.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
South San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

property is in ok condition. nice that they will take your pet. beding is really old and outdated. ok for what u paid for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Tahoe visit 07/13

All the descriptions and reviews below are 100% false. I looked at the website and the pictures are nothing like the actual motel. I saw people sitting in multiple rooms with the doors open...I thought this was odd. I think they all actually lived there permanently? I dare any of the business men in the website pictures to stay in room 250. As my wife and I approached the stairs I was already convinced that we made a bad booking. I went in the room and realized that I wouldn't stay there for free. I'm serious...you couldn't pay me to stay there. Super 8 should be ashamed to have a owner like this in beautiful Lake Tahoe. For $15.00 dollars more per night I found a nice little place with clean tile entry, small kitchenette with utensils, separate bedroom area and it was closer to the Casino and downtown shopping. My advice...do a lot of research or just arrive early and stop at a few hotels and ask to see the room that's available. That's what we did after leaving this hell hole.

Super Comments For The Super
8 South Lake Tahoe
Luxurious lodging awaits you at the Super 8 South Lake
Tahoe along with ample amenities, sensational service,
complimentary continental breakfast and even a
children’s playground right on the property. But before
you check in, check out the comments of some of our
recent and very satisfied guests.
"Our family reunion was a great success. We enjoyed the large courtyard, excellent service, nice rooms, and the friendly staff. The Super 8 took care of all our needs and we truly enjoyed our visit. This was one of the best reunions we’ve ever had."
- Shirley-Oregon

"You had everything I needed in one place. Pool, hot tub, restaurant, bar, and day spa. I will definitely be staying with you again."
- Travis-Sunnyvale, CA

"We loved how you were so close to everything. Heavenly, the casino and the lake were all nearby. The rooms and the friendly service were also great. We will be back again."
- Pamela-Roseville, CA

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!