“There are better places to stay at Tahoe” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe

You added Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe to your Saves list
Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3600 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Super 8 Lake Tahoe / South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #60 of 71 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hi All,
When I read the reviews here at first I thought when people say it's filthy they were overreacting but now I completely agree.
1. This place is filthy. Dirty walls, banged up windows, the bed sheets had stains, the carpet was dirty and the non-smoking room had ash all over the floor.
2. Within 24 hours our toilet clogged up 3 times.
3. Out of the 2 card keys 1 of them worked only 10% of the time.
4. We booked for 3 nights but only stayed 1 because we couldn't even walk barefoot on that dirty carpet.
5. The bathroom didn't have a bathtub but just a shower stall which is OK with me but even this shower stall was so little that when I turned around I would hit the faucet and knocked the water from warm to cold. So because I'm a big guy 6'1" 220 lbs I could barely fit in there.

To be honest this was the first time I booked a 2 star hotel and I'm never doing that again.
Do not stay here ever! I would not recommend this hotel. This was the worst motel/hotel ever.

Room Tip: Don't ever stay here. This hotel is horrible and filthy!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Maria was wonderful in helping with my reservation chgs. Very accommodating place for the $. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Me and my wife checked in on 27th evening. The front desk person was very nice. I had booked a single bed and later requested for a two bed non smoking. The Manager of the hotel was also present there and they give me a upgrade to a Sweet. It was a awesome experience.Very good break fast, perfect and walk able location to go for boating.

It was my second stay and i highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We wanted to take a last minute quick trip to Lake Tahoe, and this place was within our budget and was very accomodating. The Super 8 had a pretty nice breakfast (which was included) - oatmeal, fruit, and bagels. We were able to bring our two dogs with us for a small fee. The rooms are a bit outdated, but overall for the price and last minuteness of the trip, we were very happy. Their hot tub is open year round and pool is open in the summer. Also it is in a good location for restaurants and walking to the Lake and downtown! I would stay here again!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe

Address: 3600 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Super 8 Lake Tahoe / South)
Ranked #60 of 71 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Lake Tahoe / South Hotel South Lake Tahoe
Super Eight Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe Super 8
Lake Tahoe Super Eight

If you own or manage Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.