“The Perfect Pub” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Pensacola, Florida
“The Perfect Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The best seats in the house are upstairs but the outside tables are great as well. Great Bar Food, The onion rings are out of this world. A real Burger, and burger lovers know what I mean. Very Happy.

85% Recommend
Minnesota
“Ok, but not exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The fish and chips were OK, but certainly not up to the standards of a true pub in the UK. Service as efficient and friendly. More of an open dining hall on the main level, with no feeling of being in a pub at all.

Chicago, Illinois
“Where do I begin...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Went to this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews. We like to relax after a day of sightseeing and that's what was really missing in this dining experience along with good service. We were directed to go upstairs where there were empty tables in the dining area. I would like to tell you why we were not allowed to sit at those tables but we could not understand the young lady. They made us wait and then had us sit in the bar area at a high table up against a wall. It was very loud and very hot in this restaurant/bar. As we uncomfortably sat there waiting for service, our interest in a few drinks and a meal waned and we decided to eat and get out. We were sorry we just didn't get out!

Before ordering my husband asked the waitress a few questions about the menu. He ordered the french onion soup and a hamburger, I the shepherd's pie. After a long wait, a gentleman brought our food but no french onion soup. We told him to forget the soup. The waitress came over to apologize (good move) but said we confused her with too many questions (bad move). Don't blame the patron for a missed dish. My husband was ready to dive into his hamburger but realized there were no condiments on the table and not seeing a waitress around, had to get up and get some off the empty tables in the dining area. The other reviewers mentioned big portions. Really? Did they have the shepherds pie? I was still hungry when I finished eating. My husband did like the hamburger.

After giving the check and our charge card to the gentleman, another waitress, who we never saw the whole night, walks over and asked us if we were ready for our check. At this point I could only laugh at the disorganization of this establishment.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Basic pub atmosphere, big portions, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had found this place on yelp and was determined to go. It is about a two and half mile walk from Stateline area...they were doing roadwork, ripping up pavements, redoing the bike path, working on the grass verge - it was an adventure just to get there and back! Between the crazy people on bicycles on the side walk, and the beeping horns on the street, the trucks that ignore the lights and try to knock you over and the Harley's roaring along, it was not the most relaxing walk i've had. The pizza was good, they have a lot of beers on tap, relaxing, casual atmosphere - the pub bit is up steep stairs - didn't see an elevator - if you have trouble on stairs, eat outside in the beer garden! Very big portions. The staff were friendly, some one had eaten half their burger then decided it was too raw and the waiter insisted that he get a whole new plate. I'd go back, but if you're by the casinos, you may want to take a cab...

Brentwood, California
“Cute but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Always try to give the local venues my business when I travel and had heard many good things about McDuffs. Liked the atmosphere but felt the menu was too limited for my taste and ended up settling on pizza. Not what I envisioned ordering at a "Scottish" pub. But it was good if not a tad on the expensive side. Did have a black Scottish imported beer that was awesome. Worth a try!

• Visited September 2013