“Glad we tried it!πŸ‘πŸ‘” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish, Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Kailua Kona, Hawaii
“Glad we tried it!πŸ‘πŸ‘”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We tried to have dinner at a highly recommended sushi restaurant but even arriving at 6 pm there was a 45 minute wait though there were tables for two completely empty. So our second choice was Mac Duffs Pub and we were not disappointed. The salad we shared was mixed greens blue cheese Carmelized
walnuts and fresh pears, it was so very good! Next a wood fired pizza with wild mushrooms, also very good. We definitely would go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Apart from the macaroni cheese, we didn't like it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place was recommended to us, so we went here for dinner. It was very busy and as it had started to get chilly we asked to be inside. There was a good atmosphere, but it all started to go wrong when we got our food. Almost everyone didn't enjoy their food and I would question the interpretation of Scottish food. The mac and cheese was to die for apparently. What amazes me is how this got to be number 6 in South Lake Tahoe.

Visited July 2013
London
“Good but not amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had been told good things about this place and although it was a perfectly good meal it was not anything special. It was absolutely packed when we arrived and so we had to wait a while for a table. It is very small upstairs and really tightly packed so it feels a little claustrophobic.
Would I go back - yes but only at a quieter time.

Visited January 2013
Dallas Texas
“great fun good food great hosts great for the dog”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We only had one night in Lake Tahoe this visit but loved taking the dog down to the Public House rather than all of the posh alternatives. Lively and fun we ate under an umbrella in the breeze with all the other content guests and the other occaissional dog. the owners dog was there and so I am sure that is why all the others were on best behaviour.
Great kitchen and excellent brews and wine list. Well reccommended for a casual evening.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“A fun & unique dinning experience. And great food, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

All I can say is that I fell in love with this place! From the moment I entered this establishment to the time I left I felt welcomed and glad to be there. Eating outdoors (especially in Tahoe) is one of my favorite summer activities so their inviting patio was the place for me. They have a lovely lawn, a shady tree and a big wonderful dog named Bob. I had the opportunity to dine here several times during my stay so I tried several of the dishes with the salads with grilled shrimp & grilled chicken sandwich with hand cut fries outstanding. The chicken pot pie was also terrific. It is served with a huge topping of flakey pastry that just melts in your mouth. The servers were outstanding, especially Joseph who made sure that my meal was good and suggested a perfect wine to supplement my dish. The owners are outstanding and friendly and you can tell that all who either dine or work here are enjoying their experience. I would highly recommend MadDuff's for a real great Scottish/Irish warm Pub experience all in the heart of SLT.

• Visited August 2013