“great fun good food great hosts great for the dog” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dallas Texas
“great fun good food great hosts great for the dog”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We only had one night in Lake Tahoe this visit but loved taking the dog down to the Public House rather than all of the posh alternatives. Lively and fun we ate under an umbrella in the breeze with all the other content guests and the other occaissional dog. the owners dog was there and so I am sure that is why all the others were on best behaviour.
Great kitchen and excellent brews and wine list. Well reccommended for a casual evening.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Orlando
“A fun & unique dinning experience. And great food, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

All I can say is that I fell in love with this place! From the moment I entered this establishment to the time I left I felt welcomed and glad to be there. Eating outdoors (especially in Tahoe) is one of my favorite summer activities so their inviting patio was the place for me. They have a lovely lawn, a shady tree and a big wonderful dog named Bob. I had the opportunity to dine here several times during my stay so I tried several of the dishes with the salads with grilled shrimp & grilled chicken sandwich with hand cut fries outstanding. The chicken pot pie was also terrific. It is served with a huge topping of flakey pastry that just melts in your mouth. The servers were outstanding, especially Joseph who made sure that my meal was good and suggested a perfect wine to supplement my dish. The owners are outstanding and friendly and you can tell that all who either dine or work here are enjoying their experience. I would highly recommend MadDuff's for a real great Scottish/Irish warm Pub experience all in the heart of SLT.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale/Phoenix, Arizona
“If I find myself in South Lake Tahoe, I'll eat here again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

On my first visit to the Lake Tahoe area, I found that, not surprisingly, it is a extremely beautiful, fairly casual town with a good mix of locals, visitors, and probably a fair number of seasonal residents (my season was summer, some probably live for the winter sports). I came to the Lake Tahoe area first and foremost for its beauty and to be outdoors (I live in Phoenix, this year, we've had 118 degree plus days) and hoped to find good food (not 5 star restaurants that you would find in San Francisco, Chicago, NYC, or other big cities of the World, but, good food) and I did find it here - all three of us were totally happy with our meals (the waiter's suggestion to have the Beef and Guinness Stew surrounded by Pizza Dough rather than in the bread bowl was a good decision for me... it was the right amount of bread) I will say, it wasn't entirely clear how to go about getting a table (no dedicated Hostess) and you had to be prepared for the fairly gruff "greeting" we received from one of the staff, but, in the end, the food was worth the reasonable wait... everyone (including the man with the gruff "greeting" warmed up as things calmed down, so, I would return!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LA
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Macduff's pub seemed like the place to be! It had delicious food and friendly staff. We were told to go their by some locals. It's not fancy, it's more of a simple yet delicious family dinner. We got the fish and chips and the truffle oil mac and cheese. They were both delicious and filling!

Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
“Quickly becoming a favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We visited MacDuff's last year because we had a coupon. We visited this year because it was so excellent then. They did not disappoint. We called ahead and they warned us of a big party that night but said if we got there quick we could get seated. We had 15 people in our party. Great service! We were seated right away. Considering they were preparing for a party of 90 this was outstanding. The servers came by often, made great food and drink suggestions and took really good care of us. They acted like they cared. I appreciate that in this day and age. The food was a home run for all of us. Just plan good! We'll be visiting again.

Visited August 2013