“"Can't Imagine a Better Place to Stay"” 5 of 5 stars

1261 Ski Run Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Special Offer
CLICK HERE FOR BEST RATES
Eagan, Minnesota
“"Can't Imagine a Better Place to Stay"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Pros: Adorable, comfortable rooms. Wonderful owners who treated us all like we were their VIP guests. Very quiet location.
Cons: Bathrooms are a little small

While on a road trip in California, we made a one day stop in Lake Tahoe to attend a concert. Most hotels in the area were booked due to the concert and the Celebrity Golf Tournament in town. We found this place and decided to spend a little more than we planned for a one night stay. The minute we arrived, we wished we could stay longer. The owners Linda and Johan were very welcoming and did everything they could to make sure our stay was comfortable. The rooms were cozy B&B style, with themed decor. I think we stayed in a room called something like "Fisherman's Dream." The rooms were very clean and well maintained. We even had a plate of cookies for our stay. Our hosts served us a terrific breakfast in the morning, with lots of choices. The location was on a quiet street, which was ideal for sleeping. The location was also convenient - it was only a short walk down to the beach or the shopping and casino area.
I would recommend this place to anyone visiting South Lake Tahoe. I only wish I had stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Yucaipa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Came here based on all the good reviews and was not disappointed! The rooms are perfect for couples or small families, very cozy and more personal than any hotel room or condo rental. Before even arriving Linda and Johan made sure our needs would be met and when we arrived we were instantly at a home away from home. Every morning we awoke on just about the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on, had the warmth and enjoyment of a gas fireplace that worked off the thermostat and ate delicious various breakfast items; courtesy of our host. Linda and Johan supplied us with maps,coupons,local business cards and ideas for the day. The next time I come to Tahoe, I will not bother looking anywhere else!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was me and my husband's first trip to Lake Tahoe. I researched several places to stay and narrowed it down to three. I ended up choosing Heavenly Valley Lodge because I called to ask a few questions, and Linda was so warm and kind. I can't imagine ever wanting to stay elsewhere on our return trips (because we will be returning!). The rooms are small, but so cozy and the bed was extremely comfortable. The smaller room was a non-issue because let's face it, you're in Tahoe. Why do you want to be indoors! And also, the big river rock fireplaces were so cozy and romantic. In the evening cuddling up in our comfy bed and having that as our backdrop was wonderful. What really sells this place is Johan and Linda of course. The detail they take to the little extras they put in your room (snacks every day, good coffee, nice toiletries) are just the start. They have a fabulous breakfast every morning. The typical "continental spread" but also Linda makes a hot dish every morning as well. She also gladly accommodated my Gluten Free request. My husband and I were here celebrating our 10 year anniversary, and they even surprised us with a bottle of champagne and some special chocolate to celebrate. Another highlight of the day was the social hour in the evening. There was a full bar and always excellent appetizers. We also enjoyed getting to know Linda and Johan as they are both such wonderful interesting people. We definitely felt like we had known them much longer than the three nights we were there! We are already planning a summer trip with our son in tow :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is THE place to stay in South Lake Tahoe! Absolutely wonderful stay for my husband and I, and we'd never think of another place. Convenient location, yet very quiet. The hosts, Linda and Johan, are incredible - so friendly and caring, they felt like family in such a very short time! The breakfasts are AWESOME! The rooms are even better in person, and full of those amenities that you wish other places would have. Cookies every night. A small refrigerator and microwave and toaster. Real glasses and plates. Lots of DVD movies to watch for free. Free wifi. I thought the fireplace, that warms the room, was so neat - it turns on when the room gets too cold based on your setting on the thermostat!!!! They think of everything, including putting a car window ice scraper near our room door because of the weather the night before. They are full of suggestions of things to do and see. WE LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cozy Cabin - perfect for the 'wood look' of a wood cabin! Heavenly Hideawa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This cottage was a perfect home away from home for our family of four. The location was great! Linda and Johan were so sweet and nice! Very genuine, helpful and accomodating people.

The location of the cottage was perfect for us. The kitchen was very well stocked with good quality items. It was like cooking at home. There was one bedroom, which didn't fit more than a bed and an amoire, but it was very comfortable. The couch was very comfy too, and the living room was adorable!
Our favorite part was the hot tub! It was a little tricky when we were trying to turn it off, but it was the perfect addition to this cabin.
The yard is HUGE! Plenty of space to run around, especially if you have little ones. There is enough parking for one large vehicle, maybe two small cars. And there was free WIFI!

If I had one complaint, and it is a small one, the tv is small and far away from where you sit. But really, were aren't there to watch tv! I took off one star for cleanliness only because the bathroom rug looked in need of washing or replacing, but the rest of the place extremely clean, and deserves five stars!

The place was the perfect size for four people with plenty of comforts. I would defenitely recommend this place, and would rent it again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Johan and Linda d, Owner at Heavenly Valley Lodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for a wonderful Review of Heather Lake Cabin. We have since bought new rugs for the bathroom. All rugs and linens are cleaned before each checkin. We are glad you enjoyed the cabin and hope you will return to see us again soon!
Houston, Texas, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here several times now and love the friendly service and quiet atmosphere. It's close to the ski lift and best, its in town. Cute and romantic rooms with a fireplace are hard to beat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My daughter and I just spent a week in beautiful Heavenly, Lake Tahoe, and I am SO glad we stayed at Heavenly Valley Lodge! What an experience! My daughter, 11, and I couldn't have had a better holiday! We were treated as family, in fact, after a week staying at Linda's and Johan's lovely B&B, we felt like we had known them forever, and that we had visited old friends in Lake Tahoe.
You will never find a place like this. It is the warmest, friendliest, most welcoming accommodation I have ever stayed at, and that says a lot coming from an airline employee, who has travelled the world, and stayed at numerous hotels worldwide.
Linda and Johan will treat you as they have known you for years, you will feel so welcomed, it is actually hard to leave the lodge during the day, because it is so nice & relaxing, and you really feel so comfortable and at home!
The breakfast is really great, and it is lovely to start the day up in the main lodge, relaxing in front of the fire with a good cup of coffee,tea or cocoa.
In the late afternoon, you may meet other guests, as well as the innkeepers, Linda & Johan, for a glass of wine, soda, tea, coffee or hot chocolate, up in the main lodge. We really looked forward for this moment of the day, as it was so nice and interesting to meet other travellers from all over the world, hear stories, play some board games, or just relax in front of the big fire.
There are 12 rooms at HVL, all the rooms are very personal and different, they are so cosy and lovely, with a mountain lodge feeling to them. Every room has a fireplace, and we loved returning to our room in the evenings, reading our books in front of the fire.
Each room also have a nice kitchenette, with everything you may need;
a microwave, a good size fridge, coffee maker, a toaster, cutlery, plates, glasses and cups.
There are tea bags and coffee supplied every day.
Our room was always immaculate. When we returned after a day of skiing, it was lovely to see delightful cookies on a plate for us.
The guests at HVL were both couples, single travellers, and families alike. We've made some great friends during this week, wonderful people that we most definite will meet again.
My daughter also made several friends her own age.
The location of HVL, on Ski Run Blvd., is really convenient. It is walking distance to several good restaurants, a supermarket, a numerous of ski rental places & shops, and only about 10 mins walk to beautiful Lake Tahoe. The Tahoe Queen, a paddle steamer from the 1900s which offers a traditional way to cruise the lake as tourists have done for more than 100 years, is waiting for you, only a 10 minute walk from Heavenly Valley Lodge. Not to be missed! A most wonderful 2 hours spent on the lake.
During the winter season, there is a free ski shuttle which stops right outside the B&B. Super easy, and you don't have to worry about parking your car up at the ski resort, the bus literally brings you from door to door! The bus also do shuttles in to Heavenly Village, about a 5 mins drive.

I can't wait to return to beautiful Lake Tahoe. Next time I would really like to experience this magical place during summer, apparently it is even more beautiful then!
And I look so much forward to see my friends, at the Heavenly Valley Lodge.
It is a diamond this place, thanks to the most wonderful couple, Linda & Johan :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Heavenly Valley Lodge Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!