Arrived a few days before Christmas and just as a 3 day snow storm was starting.
Arrival was smooth and efficient with no issues and we were quickly in our room (a double, double to accomodate myself, wife and teenage daughter). The room was clean and spacious but some of the wallpaper was pealing slightly and the decor was a little dated. For a motel style venue the place was good for our needs.
Throughout the stay the staff were excellent. Reception dealt well with a couple of problems, including arranging to have us move room when they didn't feel they could promptly resolve a problem with the bathroom. The cleaning staff worked hard and we always returned to a clean room each day. A special mention to the snow cleaning team. We had over 2 feet of snow within the first 2 days and further significant falls during the week. The team worked constantly to keep the car parks as clean as possible and made it as easy as possible for people to move their cars safely.
The hotel has wifi but we could only get a reliable signal in reception.
The stay included complementary breakfast as the adjoining restaurant. Again the service was excellent, as was the food.
OVERALL - A good place to stay for winter in Tahoe but could use a little update
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that beautiful Lake Tahoe has to offer while staying at this charming property, within walking distance to the area's most popular shopping, dining, casinos and the Heavenly Gondola ride. The BEST WESTERN Station House Inn is perfect for enjoying the year-round attractions for which Lake Tahoe is known. Experience world-class skiing at one of five nearby ski resorts, including Heavenly Valley, Kirkwood or Squaw Valley. In the warmer months, relax on the hotel's private beach or spend the day boating or fishing at Lake Tahoe. Hit the links at local golf courses, watch the Celebrity Golf Tournament, or take in views of the spectacular Grand Sierra Mountains. Don't forget to book a room for our popular New Year's Eve celebration while you're at it! Located just one block from beautiful Lake Tahoe, the BEST WESTERN Station House Inn is the perfect place to call home after a busy day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN Station House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Station House Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Best Western Station Hotel
- Best Western Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Best Western